Adhesive remover

87-WE2

Back in business!!
What's a good adhesive remover for painted surfaces? I want to remove all of the stickers from my pick up truck, including what I think are the cheesy letters. The stickers were not much of a problem, but the letters are proving to be pretty difficult. It's a GMC if that helps. The letters have this sticky foam stuff on the back of them. I don't want to screw up my paint. Any tips? Any products like goof off that might work?

Heat gun to remove them
And polishing compound.
Not to mess up the clear if u pulled the stickers already.
Pb blaster works great

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

One more tip. I've debadged a few of my trucks and figured out I could take a razor blade and cut some long plastic strips out of the side of a coolant jug about 3" wide and use them to saw right through the adhesive backing behind the emblems and it will not hurt the paint. Getting the rest of the adhesive off is the fun part.

The stickers are done. Now for the dust test. I'm sure there will be an outline until it's washed a few times.

I had planned on using a plastic squeegee to pry the letters off. I'm sure some sticky stuff will be left behind. I have wd 40 and PB blaster; will pick up some mineral spirits and goo gone and test each on the inside of the wheel well or something to make sure the paint won't be damaged. I may get out the hair dryer and give that a shot before I go putting stuff all over the paint. Will report back with what works best.

What started this whole deal was one of the letters came off at the car wash. Good ol dealer says "sorry, warranty doesn't cover bright metal!" My response was that it's not metal, and there was nothing wrong with the bright metal (plastic); the adhesive failed. Needless to say, they didn't listen and shined me on.

Fishing line will cut through the adhesive backing
I tried that one, but the heaviest line I've got in the tackle box is 12# mono. Kept breaking it. I suppose braided would work better, but I have none.
Bryan