Adding power windows/locks

Canadian GTP

Would it be a difficult task? I wouldn't plan on doing it myself, but would look local for some help, howerver the GN I just found is a really good deal for a 20K mile car, but it is lacking the above mentioned.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks.

Canadian GTP said:
Would it be a difficult task? I wouldn't plan on doing it myself, but would look local for some help, howerver the GN I just found is a really good deal for a 20K mile car, but it is lacking the above mentioned.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks.

Its a pain in the ass to have to remove the door panels and to get into the doors to change the motor and do the wiring, but as far as degree of difficulty I would say its pretty easy to do. Nothing to complicated, but it takes a little patience...

I'm a retired GM Master Tech, and would not recomend it, unless you have a donor car available. Door panel removal is a snap, however, finding the proper window regulators and lock servos w/brackets, and wiring harnesses, would be very difficult, along with locating the correct door panels. Good Luck to you if you do decide to do it though. Ron

Its easy but time consuming if you have all of the parts. Go to the boneyard and get all the parts including the wire harnesses. There is one for each door. They have a gang connector were they plug into the main harness inside the kick panels. You'll probally be money ahead picking up the entire door assemblies and transfering everything over to you car. That way you can see how everything should go back together. The doors dont have to be cherry because all you want is the wire and the parts. You might be able to cut a deal on those rusty POS parts. If you can see how the factory did it by taking the stuff off a car than installing them will be the easy part. Its probally going to be easy if you remove the doors to do this as it will give a lot of room to work with. Make sure you put the circuit breaker in the fuse box and hook uo the big pink wire that supplies power to the system. The hard part is cutting holes in the trim panels for the switches. I cry when ever I have to modify perfectly good parts. It seems like a crime to cut those holes.