Adding fuel with power logger question

stevek

I have a question about adding fuel with power logger, what is the difference if i add fuel i guess by raising the BLM # on the powerlogger say from 130 to around 140, or by lowering the AFR from say 10.9 to 10.5 with power logger. Is there a difference and is one way better than the other , i guess i just don't understand something or maybe it is just a dumb question.

stevek said:
I have a question about adding fuel with power logger, what is the difference if i add fuel i guess by raising the BLM # on the powerlogger say from 130 to around 140, or by lowering the AFR from say 10.9 to 10.5 with power logger. Is there a difference and is one way better than the other , i guess i just don't understand something or maybe it is just a dumb question.

Do you have the 6.1 chip?

I'm new to the powerlogger but I think it just collects data. You can change fuel through your chip. If you have something like a gen 2 you can use WB correction to change AFR.

I'm new to the powerlogger but I think it just collects data. You can change fuel through your chip. If you have something like a gen 2 you can use WB correction to change AFR.
the 6.1 wideband TT chip has afr correction

the 6.1 wideband TT chip has afr correction

Yes it does, but you can't change the AFR number in powerlogger and expect it to make that change in the chip. You can however (on certain TT chips), change values in the programmable parameter cells (BLM) such and fueling, etc. which of course would ultimately change the air fuel ratio, but not directly.

from erics site : works like my 5.7 chip, except there are more adjustable features. It also can read the wideband reading from the Powerlogger and do corrections. In the chip, you have three target A/F adjustments, mid boost (3-14psi), WOT 1/2 gear, WOT 3/4 gear. If you set an A/F of 11.5, it will try to maintain that as best it can based on info from your wideband. You have to make sure your wideband is working properly so you don't get false info (garbage in, garbage out as they say). The program can add up to 33% fuel, and subtract 10% fuel to maintain the A/F. You can adjust the base WOT fuel to keep the correction inside the "window". I limited the subtraction to 10% so it can't get too crazy pulling fuel if something wrong happens.

So based of that the only reason you would need to change your WOT fuel is to keep it inside the 33% window.

It's always best to make small adjustments to get the correction window as small as possible !!!!!
Just getting it inside that 33% window and not worrying about it anymore is hardley good tuning regimine