Actors and Musicians

I have more respect for what musicians "do". They generally create their own music. Actors are more like quarterbacks: they are nothing without their line, backfield and receivers, their support. Actors need directors, producers, stage hands, supporting actors......Maybe because they are pretty or handsome they get all the credit. So they sit in their castle and proclaim they are somebody, and their word is golden, and they know everything about everything. Actors, musicians, politicians, you, and me are nothing special. Close the lid, it's all the same.

I have more respect for what musicians "do". They generally create their own music. Actors are more like quarterbacks: they are nothing without their line, backfield and receivers, their support. Actors need directors, producers, stage hands, supporting actors......Maybe because they are pretty or handsome they get all the credit. So they sit in their castle and proclaim they are somebody, and their word is golden, and they know everything about everything. Actors, musicians, politicians, you, and me are nothing special. Close the lid, it's all the same.
well said

Suffering From TDS?

An epidemic of biblical proportion is spreading across the fruited plain at this very hour.

The Centers for Disease Control has yet to identify the malady -- but it seems to be an isolated outbreak impacting liberals, millennials, fashion designers, Hollywood celebrities and the entire primetime lineup at CNN.

The affliction is called Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS). Symptoms include delusional ranting and a feverish flop sweat.

Congressional Democrats have become so incapacitated by the illness that dozens will be unable to attend president-elect Trump’s inauguration.

Georgia Congressman John Lewis was stricken with a rare strain of the disease that caused him to foam at the mouth while muttering about Trump being an illegitimate president.

Based upon his unintelligible ramblings, I’m afraid the congressman’s cheese has done slid off his cracker.

Meanwhile, a number of Radio City Music Hall Rockettes were also infected – causing some to weep uncontrollably after they learned they would be performing for the new president.

"This was such a horrible bomb to drop on us at Christmas,” one of the dancing girls told Marie Claire magazine. “We work so hard, we're so tired. We're sleep-deprived, our bodies are exhausted. We don't really have lives, even in our off-season…we really respect each other, and care about each other, and that's why this is so difficult."

How terribly unfair it must be for the Rockettes to earn a paycheck by performing for people who share differing political opinions.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a cruel disease that has even impacted the nation’s religious community.

All Saints Church Episcopal church in Pasadena, California has decided to refrain from mentioning the president-elect’s name during prayers over fears it might trigger microaggressions among parishoners.

Meanwhile, reports that some congregants spontaneously combusting upon hearing Trump's name have been proven untrue.

There are also unconfirmed reports that San Francisco, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles have been designated as sanctuary cities to house the afflicted.

Researchers are not sure if Trump Derangement Syndrome will dissipate after Inauguration Day -- but there are fears it might linger.

So if you come across an afflicted liberal -- please direct them to the nearest safe space or containment zone.

Now that you are off your med's will you share your secrets to escaping a straight jacket? The dream police should be arriving soon.

Seriously?
I am just funning around and was hoping my sarcasm would be recognized. I apologize for not making my reply more obvious. I am only human and the next step is often off a cliff, please accept my apology.

Have a great day. :)

PS, Lets not forget that this is the internet and a open and public forum where opinions and saying's are often misinterpreted. ;)

Back on topic, an e-mail I rec'd a couple days ago:

Dear Hollywood celebrities,

It's time to wake up now. Get this! The only reason you exist is for my entertainment. Some of you are beautiful. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you are so convincing that you scare the crap out of me. And others are so funny you can make me laugh uncontrollably

But you all have one thing in common. You only exist and have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. Nothing else!

You make your living pretending to be someone else. You play dress-up like a 5-year-old. Your world is a make believe world. It is not real. It doesn’t exist. You live for the camera while the rest of us live in the real world. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I crank the grinder's organ, and you dance.

Therefore, I don’t care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your opinion means nothing to me. Just because you had a lead role in a movie about prostitution doesn’t mean you know what it’s like to be a prostitute. Your view matters far less to me than that of a someone living in Timbuktu .

Believe me or not, the hard truth is that you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer, and you cease to exist. Once I am done with you, I go back to the real world until I want you to entertain me again.

I don’t care that you think BP executives deserve the death penalty. I don’t care what you think about the environment. I don’t care if you believe fracking is bad. I don’t care if you call for more gun control. I don’t care if you believe in catastrophic human-induced global warming. And I could care less that you supported Hillary for President. Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something pretty or scary or funny.

And one other thing. What was with all this “I’ll leave the country if Donald Trump wins”? Don’t you know how stupid that made you sound? What did you think my reaction was going to be? I better not vote for Trump or we’ll lose Whoopi Goldberg? Al Sharpton? Amy Schumer? Leave. I don’t care! And don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Oh by the way, is Clinton returning any of the money you so generously donated to her election?

Make me laugh. Make me cry. Even scare me. But realize this, the only words of yours that matter are scripted — just like your pathetic little lives. I may agree with some of you from time to time, but in the final analysis, it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance, monkey, DANCE!

Received that same e-mail.

Court Jesters I'm tellin' ya... Court Jesters.

FWIW, they didn't influence my vote. :D

Reality says none of them got it done on any kind of grand scale, as they expected to do so............ Boo Hoo, perfect little snowflakes........Boo Hoo.