accufab

DONNIE BROOKS

should a fuel regulator have 40 lbs of pressure with bolt out of reg and should it run? need help guys.

Issues!

Okay guy's, Here are the issues we are seeing. Been experiancing fluctuating fuel pressure for some time now. Not sure if it's the Gauge, Pump or the regulator. So I droped the tank and replaced the stock filter sock with a brand new one, Replaced the inline fuel filter, and now we took apart the regulator to check for debris. everything looked fine!

Now with the regulator back on the car...

With the BOLT OUT turn key to "On position" and the gauge shows 15lbs fuel pressure. (line off)..
Now, With the BOLT STILL OUT, The car will start and run and the gauge shows 40lbs fuel pressure at idle (line off)..

Is this normal for a car to still run whith the adjustment bolt completely out?

Just trying to figure this out whithout just throwing parts at it.

Thanks in advance!
Scot W.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that. Just set the base pressure to 42psi with engine running and vac line off and be sure you get an additional 1 psi for every 1lb of boost and you're fine. ie- 5psi boost = 47psi FP, 10psi boost = 52psi FP and so on.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that. Just set the base pressure to 42psi with engine running and vac line off and be sure you get an additional 1 psi for every 1lb of boost and you're fine. ie- 5psi boost = 47psi FP, 10psi boost = 52psi FP and so on.
Thanks Will, I was just wondering if that is normal for the adjustable fuel pressure regulators to do that or not. I've heard from one that when he took the bolt out of his the fuel pressure dropped and the car died..

So, that was the reason why I asked. It's got me wondering if mine is bad or not..

Do me a favor and check that on your white street car for me and let me know what yours does! :)

Scot W.

Update!!

Well i just got off the phone with ACCUFAB. He told me that the regulator is deffinetly deffective and it should Not be reading 40lbs of fuel pressure with the line off & the bolt completely out! SO, that solves that!

He told me to just send it in and they will rebuild it and test it for only $50..

Beats buying a new regulator! :)

Here is there address for anyone else..

Accufab Inc.
1326 E. Francis
Ontario,CA 91726

Add note inside box stating issue..

Scot W.