Accident at West coast nats

Oh man, I know he was busting ass to get to that race too. Best of luck on a speedy recovery. Anything I can do to help, you have my number Scott.

Peter

Spoke to Alicia this AM-Scott is being discharged from the hospital this afternoon and is going home! Now the recovery phase begins....it'll be great for all of us to have him back (& yes the car can be replaced)....Emil

Spoke to Alicia this AM-Scott is being discharged from the hospital this afternoon and is going home! Now the recovery phase begins....it'll be great for all of us to have him back (& yes the car can be replaced)....Emil

This is good news he is being released. Wishing Scott a speedy and complete recovery! Very sorry to learn of this terrible wreck.

Lord Jesus touch Scott in his time of need and heal him of these injuries. Restore his vision and let him fully recover from all his injuries. Lord, guide all those who are treating Scott and give them the wisdom and skill they need to adequately care for Scott and help him with his recovery. We entrust Scott, his family and relatives to You, Lord, and we thank You for all the help and healing that You will bring to them, in Jesus name, amen.

"O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me." Ps. 30:2

Get well Scott I'm glad you're doing ok and on your way home. ;) Don't worry about the car you can always build another.

PS Buy a better HELMET next time buddy!!! hahaha

If possible

can you take a picture of Scotts face when he see's his car ( whats left of it)

This is why i built a 25.1 car and stopped racing my street car.It could be anybody at any time and my heart goes out to the guy. I say lets get Shane to put up a PayPal donation account and i will throw in the first $100. I dont know the guy but that makes zero difference to me so long as i help in some way.

I'm down if shane can start it, I'd like to do something.

Very sad news. I never had the opportunity to meet Scott but he handles himself on this board with a lot of class. If something could be done with a pay pal donation, I will surely pitch in and help a fellow Buick racer. I wish him a speedy recovery. Also makes me wonder what the hell I am doing running my car with no cage...............

Just called Shane and left a message asking if he could put up a PayPal donation thread. I always give to people during this time of year and i cant think of a better place to give this year..From what people say he is a good guy and maybe we can help ease the pain of his wallet.;)

I'd like to donate something if we can get a paypal account set up for him. ----Jeremy

Maybe we can all chip in a little. It would sure be nice for him to come home from the hospital and see his paypal account filled with donations.

I found his paypal he posted on a parts for sale thread so everyone knows he made it public because I would want someone mad their personal information was shared with out consent.

turboscott231@cox.net

Geno, I am so sorry for not getting back to you. I couldn't hear but part of the message...

You guys know I am always willing to help. I will be glad to start a thread and make it a sticky. Maybe someone that knows his wife can get their pay pal address for us to donate! Just let me know....

Wow! What can I say? I can't thank my friends and family enough on this forum as well as on Facebook for the prayers and words of encouragement. The outpouring of support has been awesome. I wish I felt up to responding earlier but I have been reading since Monday. First of all I do have some video, not of the actual crash but the start of the pass and the aftermath. It is uploading now, I'll provide a link as soon as I can. I would like to address a few things, first, I'm not some guy who ignores all the safety rules. Yes, I had a 6 point bar in my car. Yes, it worked beautifully, in fact after cart wheeling multiple times the back three windows aren't even cracked, I checked out the car today and the bar doesn't even have a dent... anywhere. I can't explain the helmet, yes, it was strapped on, I have the abrasions on my chin to prove where it came off. I honestly don't remember how loose or tight it was prior to that run but it was never my practice to leave it loose or unstrapped. I did move to a larger size with my new helmet because I didn't like how my old helmet folded my ears over when I put it on. OK, with that said, what happened? well it was completely my fault. This was my first run of the day and intended to be shakedown. When it initially got out of shape shortly after the third gear shift I lifted and when it settled down my dumb ass decided to get back into it, when the turbo hit it came around very quickly. Unfortunately, at SpeedWorld all they have is a flimsy gaurd rail which folded over and provided a nice ramp for my car.(At my home track I would have bounced off the wall and that would have been the end of it) I believe it landed on the drivers front, I remember that impact but little else. Anyway, I'm happy to answer whatever questions as best I can, I will be fine, the car is gone, I'm hoping the engine is fine, the trans might be broken, not sure yet, it lost all its fluid. I don't really know what my future holds, it's really too early for me to think about it right now.
I'm also not sure how to react to the PayPal thing, Of course, I'm awestruck by the turbo buick community's generosity, but I just don't know when I'll be in a position to get back into the car stuff.
For those that don't know, I'm active duty U.S. Air Force, so hopefully my medical situation is covered.
Again, thanks for all the well wishes and God bless you all.

Here's the link:
turboscott231's Channel - YouTube

P.S. I just found the other thread in the lounge. I'm really not sure where Nick is coming from? I guess because it's his home track and the semi-event coordinator that he feels he needs to discredit me somehow to alleviate any suspicion of the operation? I can assure you Nick, I am not a litigious person in the slightest, My accident was entirely my fault, I believe when I pull up to the starting line I place the responsibility squarely on my back. With that said. whatever you "heard" from the tech inspector is simply not true. In fact my friend Brad said to me, "you mean that's it?" when he took the tech card and walked away and I said, "I guess so" I'm really not interested in taking this awesome and heart felt thread in a different direction and I will always take the high road and therefore will leave it at that.

I'm glad you're going to be ok. This changed my opinion on the safety vs. resale value debate. Most of us are guilty of out running our safety equipment at one time or another. Thanks for adding to my winter upgrade list!
Mike