Accident at West coast nats

No surgery required on the shoulder but we were informed he has a pneumothorax (air surrounding lung that can lead to collapsed lung), and he has to wear a rather significant brace (mid chest to neck to mid back) for 3 months. Still don't know about the arm & they are taking him for another mri on his neck to see why he still has tingling in his fingers.

in the 1st pic

did you notice Scott removed his shirt and
is on the gurney , showing his 6 pack,

(Not sure if thats six pack stomach, or Miller six pack) LOL

Get well soon Scott, were all pulling for you!

Get well soon.For the rest of us it is time to look at our programs carefully

Kevin

I was racing in the neighboring lane. (You can see me in the blue shirt and sunglasses in the 3rd pic). As one of the first responders, I've heard every story known to mankind on this accident. It's sickening about some of the things that were disrespectfully said. It's also troubling to see first-hand just how bad eye witness accounts really are. One credible theory that was presented is, the track may have a dust problem which caused him to lose traction. I asked the clean-up crew if there was ANY fluid on the track and they confirmed that there wasn't (nor do I see any when I retrieved the driveshaft). What I'm saying is, regardless of the safety equipment in the car (it all helps!), we can't account for everything. This could've happened to an 11.50 second car too (that doesn't even require the rollbar). It may be worth doing a visual inspection of the track before racing begins, if possible. The track needs to be modernized to concrete barriers IMHO.

Although I haven't spoken to him about this, I suspect that when he touched my lane he thought about my safety and quickly snapped left. If I'm correct, I owe him a lifetime of gratitude for caring about my safety. This very well could be the catalyst that ends my days of drag racing. The "it'll never happen to me" attitude has been shattered. Hopefully, this has nothing but positive changes for future events.

As previously brought up, is there anything we can do as a community to help him out??

I've known Scott for at least 10 years. He's far more of a giver than taker. I and several others helped pull his engine on Friday to get him ready for WCN. Near the end of engine re-installation, he expressed his gratitude; I simply reminded him about the countless times over the years he's helped me fix this and that on my Buick. If someone comes up with something fitting, I'm certainly interested in partaking in it.

I was racing in the neighboring lane. (You can see me in the blue shirt and sunglasses in the 3rd pic). As one of the first responders, I've heard every story known to mankind on this accident. It's sickening about some of the things that were disrespectfully said. It's also troubling to see first-hand just how bad eye witness accounts really are. One credible theory that was presented is, the track may have a dust problem which caused him to lose traction. I asked the clean-up crew if there was ANY fluid on the track and they confirmed that there wasn't (nor do I see any when I retrieved the driveshaft). What I'm saying is, regardless of the safety equipment in the car (it all helps!), we can't account for everything. This could've happened to an 11.50 second car too (that doesn't even require the rollbar). It may be worth doing a visual inspection of the track before racing begins, if possible. The track needs to be modernized to concrete barriers IMHO.

Although I haven't spoken to him about this, I suspect that when he touched my lane he thought about my safety and quickly snapped left. If I'm correct, I owe him a lifetime of gratitude for caring about my safety. This very well could be the catalyst that ends my days of drag racing. The "it'll never happen to me" attitude has been shattered. Hopefully, this has nothing but positive changes for future events.

This is so true,I have seen things happen at our own track and it just really makes you think about everything.Glad you are both with us for another day

Kevin

Get well soon.
Just shows what can happen to anyone of us anytime we go down the track. Its a risk we all accept.

I hope Scott's recovery is quick. That wreck is scary. Stay strong Scott. Cars can be replaced.

I had no idea that this happened. For whatever reason I thought about calling Scott this morning while I was making a couple of calls. Sort of weird. I'm glad he's in good hands and wish him and his family the best. If there is any way I can help please let me know. Get well soon Scott!

Neal

Thanks for putting up the truth jack. I am hoping to get a few of us together and pull everything usefull out so he will be ready to go when hes up and running.