Accident at West coast nats

Terrible news! Hoping Scott is OK, been a long time customer of ours. Keep us posted on his condition.

Prayers sent for Scott and his family. Hoping for the best out of this bad situation. :frown::frown:

Steve

If he would of had a full cage and his helmet comes off it would have been worse for him. I hope he recovers 100%

If he had a certified cage, the seat would have to be fixed to the back bar, and he would have been properly restrained which make it unlikely his helmet would have come off.

I have seen similar disasters with a full cage car at the track where the driver injuries are minor.

Scott has been a friend for years and respect his accomplishments, and I feel very bad this happened, but hopefully other will realize that the safety regulations are in place for THEIR protection.

Well if it had to happen. Maybe it is a good thing he was a Buick racer. Probably has a hard head like the rest of us.

Again, Get well soon and prayers to the family.

Wow, that looks like it was a nasty wreck. At least he had a rollbar in the car, I have seen mid to low 8 sec cars down here that don't even have a rollbar. Seeing pics of a car like that and hearing about his injuries it definitely makes you sit back and think about how important it is to have the proper safety equipment. I hope Scott has a speedy recovery and comes back stronger from this accident.

Update on Scott-he's at St. Josephs Hospital Trauma(Phoenix). He has concussion, fractures in C6-7 and T7-8 (neck and back), fractured shoulder blade (will likely require surgery-waiting on ortho to show up), possible fracture in forearm (again, waiting on ortho), 3 broken ribs, bruised lungs, 3 big gashes in his head that they stapled shut, and the worst black eyes I've ever seen-(per Alicia-his wife). At least he's alive. I'll keep you informed of his progress...Bruisr (Emil)

Glad to hear that he survived that wreck. Hope to see him back soon.

Mike Barnard

Thanks for the update

I know were all wishing him a speedy recovery,

thats alot of broken stuff in one body!

please keep us updated !

is there anything we (the buick community) can do to help?

scotty is cracking jokes and is in a lot of pain but he is alive which is all that matters! Cage or no cage is NOT the end all be all! Ive seen 6sec 250 mph cars wreck worse at Street Car
nats and other tracks as well!

I love He is one of the nicest guys you ever can meet in the TR world, a super nice family and one of the most meticulous wrenches you can find to work on your car!

Im glad he is ok as cars can be replaced people can not! When he is ready he will get another one!

Given the situation, he couldn't be in a better hospital. I was at Barrow/St. Joseph's after I fell and crushed c11 and c12. One of the finest neuro hospitals in the world.

scotty is cracking jokes and is in a lot of pain but he is alive which is all that matters! Cage or no cage is NOT the end all be all! Ive seen 6sec 250 mph cars wreck worse at Street Car
nats and other tracks as well!

I love He is one of the nicest guys you ever can meet in the TR world, a super nice family and one of the most meticulous wrenches you can find to work on your car!

Im glad he is ok as cars can be replaced people can not! When he is ready he will get another one!

x2 !!