Accel Gen7 DFI - base config, car not starting

19mutantx87

Does anyone have or know what parameters I should enter to get the basics to get car to run. Did head gaskets and car will NOT start now. Initial turn of the key and it tries, for a second without cranking, to start...a nice cough. Then just cranks away forever. Wait a couple hours and will again provide a nice initial attempt and then crank forever. DFI readings while cranking; RPM=0, spark=0.0, MAP=43.55, ECT=72, HEGO=0.47, 02FBK=0.0 (these are parameters at the bottom of calmap screen. Calmap gauges; intake port temp=72, map guage=-7.8, coolant temp=74, fuel injectors pulse width ms=2.9. The battery voltage is 12.89 and drops down to @10.5 while cranking. I have fuel at the fuel rails, spanking new R43ts delco plugs, fresh 93 octane fuel, and cam sensor set at 25 degrees after TDC. TPS low setpoint = 0.51/open set point=4.80 and tps voltage = 0.51. Greatly in need of assistance \ guidance here. Can anyone provide input as to what to change \ modify or be aware of . I want to get a tune that will atleast get the car to start and run...........please help.

Was it running before with the dfi or this a new install?

If you changed head gaskets and now it does not start, I will assume it was running fine before the HG swap. If RPM is reading zero while cranking, you are getting no crank sensor signal. Battery voltage is a little low while cranking - check the DFI manual to see if you need greater than 10.5 volts to fire the ignition. Maybe check/change crank sensorand/or wiring if battery voltage is high enough and still no signal.

IIRC, the ignition will not fire unless the DFI sees >600RPM from the crank signal.

She ran really nice on the Accel Gen7 before I blew the heads and subsequently did both gaskets. I was thinking the calmap software should be seeing SOMETHING at RPM while I am cranking!! I have already arranged to borrow a cam sensor and crank sensor to try swapping them out. I believe it has something to do with either...if not both. I saw the battery reading was a bit low but, it should not prevent from just firing and running idle. (i am going to replace the 3 year old red top optima). thank you for feedback as it confirms my initial thoughts...great reassurance. Will post how far I get and what it takes to get the car to run.

What is the fuel psi? Does the pump prime? If you are getting inj pulse, you should be getting a crank signal. Plugs wet after cranking?
The low crank volts may not be the battery. Have you done any ohm tests on the cable connections? Any volt drop test on the starter circuit, etc?

What is the fuel psi? Does the pump prime? If you are getting inj pulse, you should be getting a crank signal. Plugs wet after cranking?
The low crank volts may not be the battery. Have you done any ohm tests on the cable connections? Any volt drop test on the starter circuit, etc?

Fuel pump is coming up and primed. Getting injector pulse and fuel pressure is very good. Plugs are not really to wet though. Getting plenty o spark too. Set cam sensor this evening with cam sensor tool and checked injectors with Noid too. Changing out the cranks sensor tomorrow to see how that affects things. On the doorstep now and just a process of elimination hopefully...arghhhhh. Once again, thanks to all for their input. Cal Hartline chimed in...I am humbled and impressed. Thanks again to all. Will keep posted here as to progress and what find to be root of problem.