Car turns over but will not start...

Murdock

Before I get into this, here is what I have done.
Replaced engine and trans, tried to start engine for first time and it would just turn over.

My power windows and locks have no power or fuel pump.
I checked and put a voltmeter on the fuseable links on the passenger side near the starter and they are fine, I have checked the fuses under the dash. I checked for voltage at the TPS and have none, but it did give me positive continuity result.

I swapped out a known good ECM and no change. I am running out of ideas. I have no security feature for the car or at least I have not been able to find one. There is nothing under the dash anyway. I did hot wire the fuel pump and it turns on. Is there another fuseable link I am missing? I also checked the orange fuse link at the battery area as well and it as good.

I thought about crank sensor but that would not prevent power to the fuel pump or windows and locks. I have to be overlooking something.

Any ideas?

Yes, but they are on a bolt that holds the intake on, should they be on the head instead? I didn't think it would make much difference. I use no-ox type A special for all my grounds and power connections so I ensure good conductivity. I also have a ground kit installed on the fire wall.

Also my scanmaster is hooked up right but gets no readings, it goes into sleep mode after I turn the ignition on. Wouldn't it still get a reading like from the TPS etc even though the engine is not running?

So, when you turn the key to the run position before you try to crank, does any/all/some of the dash lights light up?
Have you traced the wire looms around to make sure nothing is pinched? Might have something pinched between engine n trans.
Sounds like there are several things not getting power.

I could not see any pinched wires, the dash does lite up, very frustrating at the moment.

Are you getting injector pulse(are the plugs wet)?
Power to the crank and cam sensors?
The coil and module worked when you took it off?
Maf good?
Might need a friend to do some know good part swapping.

To answer your questions:
Yes my oil sensor is hooked up.
Are you getting injector pulse(are the plugs wet)? I have voltage at each injector
Power to the crank and cam sensors? I checked the cam sensor and it does not have power, I did not check the crank sensor.
The coil and module worked when you took it off? Yes and I checked it with my Casper's tool as well and all looks good.
Maf good? Maf? That I need to check, I will see if I get voltage to it. It was good when I removed it originally.
Might need a friend to do some know good part swapping. Perhaps over the weekend, I think I may have enough spare parts for this as well, but never hurts to have access to more, there are Buicks we're talking about...lol

I did confirm my grounds are connected and good. I do have one that is not connected. It is on the drivers side coming from the fire wall. I don't remember where that one went to. If someone can chime in on that, that would be great.

Im wondering if this may have a security feature on it, or security relay that went bad.??

So, it ran before you took the engine out?
The plugs are wet?
With the plug out have a helper spin it over check for spark.

Yes it did, that's why Im thinking perhaps a security feature or something. I could nit find a security relay, but them again not sure where it would be either..lol... I will see if I can get a hand with it and check spark

I don't think the plugs would be wet if I don't have power to the fuel pump. That is all part of the problem, no power to fuel pump unless I hot wire it, no power at TPS, Cam sensor, but power at injector harness. weird!!

Only three things an engine needs, compression, fuel and spark at the right time. I am trying to see if we at least have the basics before moving on to do you have the cam sensor set right, is the crank sensor working and is the ecm collecting and dispersing data. This way we can narrow it down to where we want to look for solutions to the probs that are found.

Well, I was playing around under the dash and pushed a few fuses in and wires on the upper set of plugs above the fuse panel and turned the key for grins and my fuel pump turned on, I checked to see if I had power at the cam sensor and the TPS and yes, I do. I tried to start her and it would not. The battery is a bit low. It sounded like it wanted to start but did not yet. I will charge the battery for a bit and try again later. Hope this resolves my problem and we can live happily ever after. I keep you posted. Thanks for the help thus far.