AC Trans filter = $$$ ??

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I just called local dealership for a new filter. Comes with gasket and is $89.00

Is that a fair price for a tranny filter with gasket?

I would like to stay GM/AC in my parts but if there is something else like Wicks or whatever that will be as good for a fraction of the price I am all ears.

Will

Wow, you can get the filter, gasket and fluid for that price at Auto Zone or Advanced.

But will it be ACD?

I called my local parts place and they said they carry "ATP" brand which in his words "is the leading in tranny filters and WAY better than AC"

$19.19 for filter and gasket.

Never heard of ATP but I found them on the web and they do have a lot of tranny stuff :)

If you insist on an AC Delco filter, you are going to pay dealership prices.

I'm not sure why the requirement for AC Delco, they don't manufacture the part, they sub it out to the same people who make the aftermarket filters.

None of the rebuilders who frequent this site are paying $80 for a filter and gasket or have any preference for an AC Delco filter.

I think my cost on a quality 200-4R filter is less than $5. :cool:

Oh I don't insist on AC...just wondering if they are any better than aftermarket, specifically the one I can get locally for WAAAAYYY less:)

hello people; Chris718 are you talking about a high flow trans. filter? I never heard of that. Is it a race thing or do people use them on there street cars?
IBBY

it has a high flow low restriction mesh filter element.The better filters are made this way.