AC Delco?

DaySleeper

I just got my new ignition control module from Rockauto.com and I have to say, it doesn't look like an actual AC Delco like I expected. It looks like a cheap repro. I don't think I'm even going to install it.

I also ordered an AC Delco unit from RockAuto not too long ago after noticing that AC Delco apparently has started remanufacturing the ignition modules. I agree that it does look a little different (i.e., black potting material) but it tested out just fine on the Casper's tester. Not a bad price either.

Oh okay awesome! I'm glad I didn't get rookie-dooed. They only showed 3 left so I pulled the trigger.

Most AC Delco parts are made in Mexico or China, and some of the GN parts from them do not have the same quality level as the original parts?

I always used AC parts in the past, but now I prefer to use made in the USA ignition parts when available.

is it marked made in USA ....I bought some Kemparts brand (been told it is Borg Warner) that were marked made in USA ....real cheap on clearance

Only the box with the correct GM part no. on it says Made in USA. The unit itself just has a stamp with the GM part no.