? about buying CORRECT new fuel tank

SpoolinUpGN

Hey guys,

I've heard that there is a company out called spectra which makes gas tanks for turbo regals but that they do not have the correct baffles inside. I was wondering if there is a correct gas tank out there for replacement because if i fill mine over 1/2, the tank leaks. There is a company called 1A Auto that sells through EBay and online www.1aauto.com that says they have the correct steel tank. Anyone have any experience with this?

is my best bet to look for a good condition used one out of an old TR or GN?

thanks in advance,

joe

Both of them have a metal dog dish, if I remember right...That's the difference... I've read that so long as yuo dont run the tank below a 1/4, it should make much difference ????? Maybe a guru can chime in

The stock tank had a plastic trap inside it that kept fuel at the pump while hard accel. The tank a1 sells, which I have in mone, does not have as good a system of baffles but as long as you keep it 1/4 full......

I looked and could not find a replacement stock exact like tank.

I replaced my leaky stocker with a spectra unit, and have not had any problems at all. I always try to keep at least 4 gallons of gas in the tank when "playing". I heard that there were a few stock ones available through GM, but they were ones that had "fallen off the truck" and were beat up and ugly.

Good luck

Ian

Ohh, and the spectra tank is cheap too. I payed around $160 for mine from a local radiator shop.

Spectra makes a great replacement tank for our cars. Looks and fits perfectly. Yes, it has a dog dish baffle instead of an elaborate plastic one. So what. The "stories" surrounding a dog dish baffle are pure BS. I defy anyone to prove otherwise. The Spectra is just fine. Buy one. You'll be perfectly satisfied.

strike

strikeeagle
Spectra makes a great replacement tank for our cars. Looks and fits perfectly. Yes, it has a dog dish baffle instead of an elaborate plastic one. So what. The "stories" surrounding a dog dish baffle are pure BS. I defy anyone to prove otherwise. The Spectra is just fine. Buy one. You'll be perfectly satisfied.

strike

I agree w/strike, I work for Spectra, if anybody needs a gas tank, radiator or a/c component let me know, you can email me for my phone #
FRED
turbobuick2@yahoo.com

I have a stock tank I took out of a GN a few months ago. If anyone wants to come by and get it, they can have it for free.