? about breathers

ffej

would i be better off to replace the ps valve cover breather with the factory type or should i get the open element type? thanks for any help . the cars all stock.,jeff

would i be better off to replace the ps valve cover breather with the factory type or should i get the open element type? thanks for any help . the cars all stock.,jeff

If it's all stock and you intend to leave it that way use the factory setup.

Why not look into Crankcase EVac kit, jegs or summit sells them. I would stick with Stock setup if not Crankcase Evac kit.

Most don't like the stock set up because it adds oil through the turbo and into the intercooler. You will see the inside of the hose coated in oil and if you haven't cleaned out your intercooler in a few years, you will find a large amount of oil in there. Most change to an open element and plug the port on the turbo. You can always keep the stock parts to put back on in the future.

I would stick with stock PCV and breather setup, I installed a Mr gasket closed style breather with outlet tube going into the intake. My air intake already had holes made for this.(spectre intake) You can buy a Kit at local autoparts store to make the hole in the intake.

It looks and works Great:cool:

I had a bad experience with soaked open breather, so I won't go back. I think some things just need to remain stock, just maintained.

I can only comment on air intake oil res, since i don't have a IC. I have notice this but only when my oil level was above levele(about half court)high. This can be fix tho with a oil catch can of some kind I hear.

you can also get a k&n intake and jerryrig the breather straight into the airfilter or cut a small hole into the filter to run the breather hose through. Im a b4b and if youve seen our air intakes they have a box type air filter with a built in butterfly valve and crankcase vent tube. I dont run a filter, but i do route the hose into the intake which should work on your car.