? about alkycontrol

MIKE C

I filled the alky tank and drove the car around alot Sat. night trying the new 6776 out today Iam under the hood checking over things and I notice the alky level has not moved ..so i start the car and try to prime the system , i hit the button and all the lights come on saying its working but the motor does not stumble or anything ,,I then turn the car off and hit the button again and all the lights light up and a high pitch tone goes off when i push the button ..but the pump does nothing ...what should i check first? thanks

Mine made that high pitched tone on first use, seems to make that noise when it's never been primed maybe.
It only did it the first time and by the time I got around to testing it running(an hour or so) it was fine and spraying.

Yes, do you hear the pump whine when you hit the test button? Disconnect the injector going in the up-pipe and hit the test button, does it spit out alky? Check the connection going to the pump, I had to re-wire the factory connector as two wires where in the wrong spot. B was where C should be and vice versa.

julio is just a phone call away. just give him a call. he damn near give 24 hour tech support

If you hear the pump then look for bubbles in the alky tank when you hit test, i bet you hooked up the in and out backwards on the pump... Been there done that. :)

I filled the alky tank and drove the car around alot Sat. night trying the new 6776 out today Iam under the hood checking over things and I notice the alky level has not moved ..so i start the car and try to prime the system , i hit the button and all the lights come on saying its working but the motor does not stumble or anything ,,I then turn the car off and hit the button again and all the lights light up and a high pitch tone goes off when i push the button ..but the pump does nothing ...what should i check first? thanks

Place the gain knob all the way to the right, start engine.. press and hold the test button.. 3-4 seconds there should be an idle change.

If not, next move is unhook the hose from the up-pipe. Turn Ignition ON... apply ground to the "-" black pump wire.. that will run the pump full speed. Another way is using a small piece of bare wire unplug the 3 bar, and short the gray and green terminals.. this will simulate 30 PSI and run the pump full speed.

If you do the above.... "Please remember to not have the hose on the up-pipe as you can hydro the motor" and.. "Remember to plug the MAP sensor back in..if not the system no worky"

If the above doesnt work, call me Monday when I get back in town..

Same Issue

I am having the exact same issue. Tested with feed off intake when I still had just water in to check the pump. After pumping out all the water and checking for leaks, I filled tank with Meth and now it doesnt seem to pump. I pulled the hose off intake from pump and press the test button light goes green but nothing comes out hose. I have the knob set to about 5 right now. I can follow the suggested steps for running at full speed to see if it pumps (I was just going to let it pump back into the resevoir. I too am hearing the squeeling sound when pressing the test button.

What is going on here? Pump not primed, or other possible problem?

I am having the exact same issue. Tested with feed off intake when I still had just water in to check the pump. After pumping out all the water and checking for leaks, I filled tank with Meth and now it doesnt seem to pump. I pulled the hose off intake from pump and press the test button light goes green but nothing comes out hose. I have the knob set to about 5 right now. I can follow the suggested steps for running at full speed to see if it pumps (I was just going to let it pump back into the resevoir. I too am hearing the squeeling sound when pressing the test button.

What is going on here? Pump not primed, or other possible problem?

Your not suppossed to see a green light unless there is pressure in the system. When you hit test it is suppossed to be RED until pressure is made then change to Green.

Also test the system with the knob on "8" to displace air in the pump and lines.

All else.. call me.. i'll be in the shop until Thursday.. then out until the 18th..

Things sometimes are better handled with a phone call.. whenever possible.

Also.. welcome to the board.. noticed this was your first post.

Julio
727-570-9999