Aanyone ever try one of them propain mesquito traps??

Its been about 3 wks..maybe 4...was out last night w/my neighbor. He couldnt believe we didnt get killed. I will say I got one bite tho!

Originally posted by jmidolo
Its been about 3 wks..maybe 4...was out last night w/my neighbor. He couldnt believe we didnt get killed. I will say I got one bite tho!
Thanks for the update. How big is your lawn? I'm on a 1/2 acre so wondering how much of the stuff I would need.

Back lawn is 100x150'. One bottle did almost all of it. I've got a bit under 15k sq ft of lawn, 1/2 acre total too...I bought 3 bottles used only 2.

Hey Joe,

You thinking about spraying again?? Or are you gonna let this stuff wear off before you spray again?? Has the rain and other water affected it?? Do you have standing water near your property??

I've got some wetlands out back w/a small stream running...doesnt sit though. Since I've got one bottle left, I think I'll pick up another and hit it this weekend and that will do it for the season...spend so much money on the lawn, just so you have to cut it more! LOL

I've got some wetlands out back w/a small stream running...doesnt sit though. Since I've got one bottle left, I think I'll pick up another and hit it this weekend and that will do it for the season...spend so much money on the lawn, just so you have to cut it more! LOL
Sounds exactly like my lawn, woods behind, stream running along property line, very well fed and groomed.... My next question was going to be if you think water effects it much. I've got a sprinkler system and run it 3-4 day a week in this heat. After yesterdays storms I might not need to run it for another month. :)

Yep, I've got a 6 zone system I run every other day for 15min/zone. You guys got "Red Threat" down there? Every year my neighbor gets it..next thing it's creepin across my lawn..60bux to treat it once..and it usually needs multiple treatments!

Yep, I've got a 6 zone system I run every other day for 15min/zone. You guys got "Red Threat" down there? Every year my neighbor gets it..next thing it's creepin across my lawn..60bux to treat it once..and it usually needs multiple treatments!
"Red Threat? Is that, the brownish patches with the redish tint to it? What the heck causes it? I've always assumed is was some type bug or worm munching on the roots. A treatment of GrubX or other such product seems to always clear it up.

15 minutes, that's a sip! My front (which gets all the sun) gets a 50 minute drink in this heat, back gets 30 minutes as it's shaded most of the day. I'm one of those "deep watering" fanatics.

15 min...well, the back is shaded..the front does get sun all day. Doesnt seem to be browing on me, so I dont see a need to go longer.

Yep, looks like cottony, kinda pink straw. It's fungus. You wanna know what causes it..overwatering!!! LOL Check out www.scotts.com and look at it. Do you water morning or night?
Should do it in the morning..night causes fungus to grow, which could be the cause of it. Reason I get it from my neighbor is he decides to water at 9pm for like 2 hrs...nxt thing I know, I got it.

15 min...well, the back is shaded..the front does get sun all day. Doesnt seem to be browing on me, so I dont see a need to go longer.

Yep, looks like cottony, kinda pink straw. It's fungus. You wanna know what causes it..overwatering!!! LOL Check out www.scotts.com and look at it. Do you water morning or night?
Should do it in the morning..night causes fungus to grow, which could be the cause of it. Reason I get it from my neighbor is he decides to water at 9pm for like 2 hrs...nxt thing I know, I got it.
I water in the morning. I use to water at night, never really had a big problem with Red Thread, it's not what I thought it is. Way in the back I use to get a little ground moss, nothing a little lime in the fall didn't clear up. Now that I water in the morning I don't get the moss. Not really a moss, more like a fungus I think. It was like a black paper that stuck to the soil in areas where the grass isn't too dense. Usually I water 25 minutes per zone in the front for the spring (if needed) and fall. During the Summer I up the timer big time for the front cause it’s in the sun all day long.