Aanyone ever try one of them propain mesquito traps??

I was up at one of our NEBRA members (Matt Burns) summer places on Winnepissake??? for a picnic last July. He had one and said it really worked. He had it on for several weeks before our get together and there were virtually no mosquitos.

Originally posted by Night Train
I was up at one of our NEBRA members (Matt Burns) summer places on Winnepissake??? for a picnic last July. He had one and said it really worked. He had it on for several weeks before our get together and there were virtually no mosquitos.

LOL.. yah, prolly worked for several weeks and that two minutes that it takes to change the tanks, they eat you alive. :) Just kidding, I know that's not how it works.

As everyone said, that'd be something really kewl to get a group purchase going. I don't need one now, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that could use them.

Going on the word of a coworker I reluctantly bought 2 bottles of Ortho Mosquito B Gone....water the lawn first, then sprayed it down... was like..this snake oil will never work.

Went outside last night in just a pair of shorts after pulling the tranny in the Limited..sat out there for 10 min in the middle of the yard..NOT ONE bug. I was absolutely amazed. Says it's good for 3-4 wks and it cost me 10 bux a bottle. I should not tell people it works though as it will surely drive the cost up!! :)

Going to retest again tonight. This time with beers :)

Just read a article about them things and it said that most mosqutios don't travel to far, like less then a block so most of the bugs in your yard are from your yard, BUT if you bought the trap then it will bring in more mosquitos from other neighborring yards and it won't kill all of them so you can end up with more not less bugs.

Originally posted by jmidolo
Joe, beers will sweeten your blood so they may attack. Whatever you do, don't drink micro-brew, home brew or a quality stout or they will eat you alive!! Make sure you limit your intake to Budweiser, Miller, Old Milwaukee or other "cheaper" brews for your own safety!

HAHA, with all the tranny fluid all over me last night, I bet I was smelling SWEEET! and they did not bight then :) Tonight I will try the Heiniken fragrance LOL

HAHA, with all the tranny fluid all over me last night, I bet I was smelling SWEEET! and they did not bight then :) Tonight I will try the Heiniken fragrance LOL
You’re gluten for punishment! :D

Does that mean they work, or you don't care cause you're selling a ton of them?

I don't care because they are a hot seller. You don't normally see sales as quick as I've seen by bad word of mouth....but I also had an ultrasonic pest repeller myself and I don't think it did squat.;)

Going on the word of a coworker I reluctantly bought 2 bottles of Ortho Mosquito B Gone....water the lawn first, then sprayed it down... was like..this snake oil will never work.

Went outside last night in just a pair of shorts after pulling the tranny in the Limited..sat out there for 10 min in the middle of the yard..NOT ONE bug. I was absolutely amazed. Says it's good for 3-4 wks and it cost me 10 bux a bottle. I should not tell people it works though as it will surely drive the cost up!! :)

I just want to see how long it takes until your grass has turned brown trying to kill off mosquitos!

You said all bugs were gone.. or are you just talking about mosquitos??

Hear that everyone,

Everybody head over to Joe's house for a few rounds of practice. Smash out his windows while practicing on the putting green with no mosquitos. :)

OK, a week later... the results???

Alright Joe.. let's hear it... is it still lush green fairway grass with no bugs within 5 miles of the Midolo home? Or are you in the middle of Browngrassville with bugs the size of dinner plates swarming over head?

Greenlawn and ZERO mosquitoes..been over a wk now. was out there Sunday night, was at my neighbors getting KILLED..went across the street...nada!!

We'll check again, this time next week. Glad to hear you've fought back the menace. Do you still get gnats, flies, other insects?

I see some moths..that's about it. I evicted them all to my neighbors house..he was joking about that the other night..he's like, "You F*ck, you made them all come over to my yard!" :)

I see some moths..that's about it. I evicted them all to my neighbors house..he was joking about that the other night..he's like, "You F*ck, you made them all come over to my yard!" :)
Hey Joe,

How many weeks has it been since you put that "snake oil" on your yard and is it still working? Asking cause i had the kids out last night till about 8:00 and one kid got 3 bites and I got one.