A TRUE buick KILL story...

The new su[ercharged mustangs are coming to the times that the Buicks hit 15 years ago. Those Cobra's are tuff..

Nick

I would have stuch around and tried to pick up the rest ( drivetrain and all) for cheeps !! i'm sure they had no idea what it was and would have been 1-$200

I was at Fayetteville NC motorsports park last Friday night for all night test and tune (nearly four hours to make one pass) and a guy came up to me to tell me that somebody had dropped off a GNX at the salvation army that he worked at. At first I did'nt believe him, but he sounded so convincingly ignorant about these cars, yet was able to name many of the distinguishing features between my 87 GN and the car that was dropped off. He said it was slightly wrecked in the front. One of the guys he works with took it home and is trying to get in touch with the guy to get a title for it. He also said that it ran very poorly and had to be towed. Still not quite buying his story, I gave the guy my phone number and told him I would be interested in buying the car in any condition, with or without the title. Weird. This idiot said that he would have taken the car if he had anywhere to put it. Are there really people so ignorant that they don't know the difference between a 81 Fairmont and a GNX?

Originally posted by seeyabye
Are there really people so ignorant that they don't know the difference between a 81 Fairmont and a GNX?

Yep, they are the same people (97% of America) that call our cars monte carlos.

Originally posted by 02WS686GN
I do have to mention though that its pretty sad on chryslers part that the fastest car in thier line up is the 80,000 dollar viper and their second is a 20,000 neon.:D

It "was" sad, but it's not anymore.

Chrysler has a $45K 13 second Pickup, a $45K low 13 second crossfire, a $33K high 13 second family sedan (300 Hemi C) and a $29K low 14 second station wagon (magnum). Very soon, they will have another 13 second, $28K family sedan (hemi charger) and a 500 HP, 4 door Pickup.

They also will be playing with Superchargers in the near future (SRT-6 is just a start).

That freakin sucks! I woulda threw $1000 down and offered them another $500 car to beat to hell..not a T! :(

Still amazes me that an M3 can make 333 hp out of a 3.2 liter inline 6 naturally aspirated. Car companies struggle to make that with V8s and supercharged V6s. I remember racing an M3 on the highway and this thing was a monster.