A Not-So-Adjustable FPR

SpoolinUpGN

Yea, so in my attempt to find out why my car is running rich, i decided to throw in the adjustable unit i bought off some guy who "has a GN" on Ebay. It's a 233 reg with the aluminum/billet top and the screw on the top, same as any other AFPR i've seen made from a 233/237. Problem is, with the nut as loose as it goes, the FP is at 43# vac line off. Same as my real 237 reg i had in there, if i tighten it fuel press will go up to 44 and so on. Am i doing something wrong or did i just get screwed on an adjustable reg for 30 bux?

After you are loosening the nut, are you adjusting the setscrew? From your post it sounds like you are only adjusting the nut...

In order to adjust the fuel pressure, you need to first loosen the nut, then adjust the pressure with the setscrew (which will require an allen wrench). Once you've reached the required pressure, tighten the nut while holding the setscrew in place with the allen wrench.

If you can't get the fuel pressure right, verify your gauge and check the return line for kinks. They tend to get kinked often where the line comes out near the steering box.