A nice day

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Just met up with some fellow Turbo Buick guys today for lunch, laughs, and some story telling.

Jason McCartney and Dennis Hogan of GN Northwest, Nick Micale of ArizonaGN, Mike Tomaszewski from TA Performance, RJ Reynolds and two of Jason's close friends from WA state (sorry guys, I'm horrible with names of folks I've just met) spent a great afternoon today. Inter-state meetings just don't happen very often with our groups anymore.

We all got to share stories about our different cars and how they somehow tied us all together, a little tech, some stories about our kids and all kinds of general B.S. Then the gang came over to where I work, (Nick and RJ have been there so they went about their business) and hung around looking at cool shops and even cooler cars. It reminded me that sometimes I forget what a cool job I have and what a great place I get to work at.

Jason, thanks for contacting me so we could make this get together happen!

Last edited:
Guy your hanging out with some heavy hitters there I had no idea you were so well connected. :D

It would have been all that much better if you had been there, but alas, you're always too busy to come see your old friend Guy......:p

No - thank you Guy for setting everything up! The hospitality was amazing and the place where you work is awe inspiring!

For those of you who don't know, Guy runs a huge operation for Penske in Scottsdale. He works at a 100,000 square foot shop that is as clean and advanced as any I've ever seen on an automotive campus full of quarter million dollar rides. It's also the site of the Penske Racing Museum. Ever seen a 2.6L naturally aspirated engine that makes 915hp close up? Neither had I until today. It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon!

On the GN Northwest side, it was me (Jason), my partner Kurt Russell, my friend Mike Cheng, and friend and long time northwest turbo Buick enthusiast Dennis Hogan. We all had a great time at lunch and talking to you guys!

You guys have some really nice cars - Guy's in particular has inspired me to start adding some parts to my stock GN. Sorry Lou - it couldn't stay stock forever! :)

Thanks Guy, Nick, Mike, and RJ for taking time out of your day to hang out with us! Maybe we'll see some of you guys at Pavilions tomorrow!

It would have been all that much better if you had been there, but alas, you're always too busy to come see your old friend Guy......:p
Guy, I have been real busy lately in the past year I have restored & sold several cars. Since October three other major projects since I work by myself it doesn't give me much time to socialize. By the way Flaco asked me to help him sell his G.N. so if anyone in your area is looking for a good running car low 11 second ride with a lot of upgrades let me or him know.

Lou
with all the smoke from kalif burning, and no water to put it out!
I would think you jump at the chance to visit PHX, this time of the year, the weather is
perfect, and sunrise and sunsets are magnificent! (especially if your with your
main sheep)
how you doing on the 57?
Guy... I will visit you ,one of my trips to PHX.

Lou
with all the smoke from kalif burning, and no water to put it out!
I would think you jump at the chance to visit PHX, this time of the year, the weather is
perfect, and sunrise and sunsets are magnificent! (especially if your with your
main sheep)
how you doing on the 57?
Guy... I will visit you ,one of my trips to PHX.
Lee, This state can burn to the ground for all I care. sunrise and sunsets don't turn me on either . My wrench's & rolling around in the grease with my sheep kinda gets me off lol My 57 is taking a lot of my time. I installed power steering, power disc brakes, had to modify the steering column to work with the late model box. Holley 750 carb & hi rise intake, Stripped the dash completely down installed mechanical rain gear wipers,detailed & painted it black new wiring,radio & sound system etc. So I finally got it to the point where i wanted to drive it some & the engine developed a rod knock. The Latino gentleman I bought it from modified the dipstick & tube so the thing was reading full when it only had a couple of qt's of oil. I didn't catch that till it was too late. So I now have the engine out installing a fresh crank & bearings & probably a 200R4 GN overdrive trans. All this because of you & my desire to be as popular. As you can see I have still a lot of detail work & clean up to do till I can ride around & look pretty .

Attachments

• IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
looks good Lou!
sounds like you have put alot of work into it already.
I've had mine for 30 yrs now, and still not done, LOL

Thanks troy, how's it going have you been home at all enjoying your ride .
Lou, I haven't made it home yet.:( However been staying busy here in Texas and there's SO much work out here that I'll probably be here a while.
I thought about moving out here as I could see being here for years, but working 7 12+ hour days I wouldn't have time to play with the car anyway. However, I have been able to buy everything you recommended (and a lot more) so whenever I get the time off I have lots to do:)

looks good Lou!
sounds like you have put alot of work into it already.
I've had mine for 30 yrs now, and still not done, LOL
Lou, I haven't made it home yet.:( However been staying busy here in Texas and there's SO much work out here that I'll probably be here a while.
I thought about moving out here as I could see being here for years, but working 7 12+ hour days I wouldn't have time to play with the car anyway. However, I have been able to buy everything you recommended (and a lot more) so whenever I get the time off I have lots to do:)
What part of Texas are you in & are the sheep nervous over there. :wacky: