a lower cost alternative to the H&R rear sway bar ?

Gbodyolds

supposed to be just as good, sells through SCandC for 100.00 bucks less than the H&R. Anyone try one yet ?

Attachments

• 920_big.jpg
    920_big.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 246
Gbodyolds said:
supposed to be just as good, sells through SCandC for 100.00 bucks less than the H&R. Anyone try one yet ?
------------------------
Not to pirate your thread, and no, I have not tried it, but that is pretty much a drag race & straight line set-up only and is not corner carving user friendly.
Marcus has a has a caynon carving version coming out shortly that will be a little more street user friendly.

dunno looks like a copy of the hr bar but brackets to bolt to axle are cheesier
than HRs
wonder if its hollow like the HR

also wonder if paul has a patent on his because thats too close a copy of his

Wells said:
------------------------
Not to pirate your thread, and no, I have not tried it, but that is pretty much a drag race & straight line set-up only and is not corner carving user friendly.
Marcus has a has a caynon carving version coming out shortly that will be a little more street user friendly.

I'm not worried about having my thread pirated lol. yes this is a drag race bar the rate is way too high for a good handling application, but the H&R bar is a drag race bar as well also with too high of a rate for a handling application which is why I was comparing the two. I spoke with Marcus early this year about his bar that will be coming out but he didn't have a release date and still doesn't as far as I know, Ill just have to keep waiting, I'd like to be one of the first to try his new bar out when it does come available, I'm so happy with everything else I got from him I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig.

Pretty sure it's made by Spohn, and there's no "patent" on an old design, btw. There are many sway bars that mount on the axle housing like the HR bar (retrofits for 1st gen F-bodies, for example.)

HR's is nice, but what's wrong with $100 less? Maybe a little price war is just what we need.

This bar has been on the market for a little while now and I'm actually surprised it took this long for somebody to mention it on here... I had actually asked about anybody using it on the Malibu board and didn't get too much feedback other than some throwing the crap around about it being a rip off and so on.. Here's the thread~

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42195

As I mentioned on there this is not the first time somebody has copied an existing design of a sway bar.. For example, there are tons of people ripping off the Wolfe style bar that Welds in and really I think Competiton Engineering was the first to make a bar like that anyhow, so who cares??

I agree with Mac, maybe a price war is not the worst thing!

BTW, here is a link to the description of the bar from Spohn's site~

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1618