A little help to set record straight.

Brad Zeidler

I'm on the Full Throttle V6 forum trying to give some correct info on the 8.5" G body axle. One guy is saying his 82 Grand Prix diesel came with one and I'm sure they only came in the Turbo cars from 84-87 and the 86-87 442. Is there an option code that specifically is designated for the 8.5" rearend? If so What is it?

G-80

Is a g-80 is a g-80 is a g-80. I think that covers all makes .so that should be the option code .my 1979 hurst olds has a g-80 at least when i need parts thats what i get them for ..

g87 is the code for the 8.5 axle

g89 is the code for 7.5

g80 is the posi diff

various other codes were for ratio

BUT, no use looking at a car pre-84, unless you have the window sticker or a build sheet. You'll have to look at the axle under the car. RPO stickers did not appear until 84

g87 is the code for the 8.5 axle

g89 is the code for 7.5

g80 is the posi diff

various other codes were for ratio

BUT, no use looking at a car pre-84, unless you have the window sticker or a build sheet. You'll have to look at the axle under the car. RPO stickers did not appear until 84

Sharp group here....ashame those rpo stickers or trunk ID labels as I refer to them did not appear to 1984 models...sure would make things easier for owners of the older cars....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm on the Full Throttle V6 forum trying to give some correct info on the 8.5" G body axle. One guy is saying his 82 Grand Prix diesel came with one and I'm sure they only came in the Turbo cars from 84-87 and the 86-87 442. Is there an option code that specifically is designated for the 8.5" rearend? If so What is it?

84 only hurst olds had a 8.5 but the 83 hurst olds had a 7.5
85 442 did also have a 8.5
and as you correctly stated the 84-87 turbo cars had them as well

also note it is quite common for these rears to be missing out from under these cars. i have bought 3-4 turbo cars that were missing their correct 8.5 rears. it is more common than you may think so always check!!!!

84 only hurst olds had a 8.5 but the 83 hurst olds had a 7.5
85 442 did also have a 8.5
and as you correctly stated the 84-87 turbo cars had them as well

also note it is quite common for these rears to be missing out from under these cars. i have bought 3-4 turbo cars that were missing their correct 8.5 rears. it is more common than you may think so always check!!!!

Yea i found out the car i baught had the wrong rear in it but after i got it home i should have checked a little better :mad: :mad: