A Huge "Thank You" To The Entire Team!

top gun

Banned
Wow, I never imagined at the start of the season we would end up in the mid 9's running in the 140 mph range. This end result came together through the combined efforts of many. First I want to thank my brother Mike for all of his hard work in putting this combo together. Next, to THE BEST ENGINE BUILDER, Dan Strezo at DLS Engine Development for designing a killer 109 combo. Thanks to everyone at Precision Turbo, Joe and Harry for the great tune-up and tech support, Jim for building THE BEST TURBOS ...... second to none.
Paul Ferry and Dave England at HR Parts for making the car go straight and safe. Jason Cramer at RJC for many innovative products. Brian Scott at Ramchargers for all of the special parts orders. Champion Racing Heads and Jack Cotton for the A/C delete kit and a great set of heads.

Thanks to Scott and Lonnie for their hard work making the TSM class the premier class. A BIG THUMBS UP to Roy, Laz and their team for bringing very tough combo to the game. And ALL of the other guys running in TSM making this a top notch heads up class.

Special thanks to my wife and son for putting up with the endless late nights and weekends in making this happen.

We will see what Dan and the guys at Precision can pull out of their bag of tricks. 9.50's with a 70 turbo who would have thought it was possible. Maybe we are in store for some 9.20's or 30's, next year should be great!

Dave Bamford

Hi Dave,

Just want to say nice job, unbelievable what you and the others in TSM have done with the 109 block.

Congrats again.

:) What a great season for you Dave!

You and your brother Mike worked very hard to accomplish these goals.
Glad we had the opportunity to be associated with your success & achievements.

Dan, Jim, Harry, & Joe

Big big congratulations to you, your tuners and of course Dan, the super engine man. You guys not only raised the bar, you put it out of reach of we mere mortals....lol.

I think we're all wanting to know, if you don't mind sharing....

What timing?
What max boost?
Launch boost?
EGT's?
Did you use C 16?

Thanks.

Congrats Dave! You have really given the little guy something to shoot for! ;) I was all set to ditch the 109 and pony up the big bucks for a stage combo, but there seems to be new light at the end of the tunnel for the stock block guys. Awesome, awesome work dude!!! :cool:

- Matt

Dave & Mike,

Awsome job, the dedication you guys have is second to NONE! You worked hard and it paid off. Baddest 109 in the land!!
Mike Licht

Nothing short of amazing! One minor thing that pleases me, is that the rule change in TSM to bring the weight differential to 150 pounds between Alum and Iron heads seems to be correct as Dave and Roy were within a tenth of each other. :cool:

Hopefully Dave and Roy don't go too much faster. That could scare people away from running TSM...sorta like what happened with TSS and TSE where 1 or 2 people so dominated the class that not many more people participated. More likely though, is that we will see more 9-second stock blocks in 2004.:cool:

More congratulations to Mr. Bamford on having the ulitmate combination of fast car, tuning skills, motor builder and terrific driver skills.

Congrats Dave.....:cool:

Incredible performance, who would have ever guessed 9.50s out of a 109 block and 70 turbo?.....

Now, don't touch it, don't change anything, just leave it alone, give the rest of us a chance to catch-up....

Originally posted by GRNDNL
Now, don't touch it, don't change anything, just leave it alone, give the rest of us a chance to catch-up....

AMEN!!! :D

Thanks Dave WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Way to go Dave! Glad you got the car flying.. Glad we could lend a hand getting the car to go strait for you.. I may be looking for some tuning input if I ever get mine running right.. I think you are right about getting into the 9.4's with the present turbo like I told you Thursday I knew it had at least 9.6's in it then.. I hope we aren't opening a new can of worms with the new turbo and the possibilities of 9.2's or so... How does it feel looking at those TSE stage cars in the rear view? :D I will be talking to you.. Dave

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Hi Dave,

Just want to say nice job, unbelievable what you and the others in TSM have done with the 109 block.

Congrats again.

I'm with Rich,congrats!
Keep an eye peeled for the "toilet heads".:eek:

Congrats Dave! As some have already said you have raised the bar for TSM and you have also raised the bar on stock block performance......

You da man:cool:

congrats dave.. i was there in reynolds when you ran the 9.57 .. i have to say it was totally unbelievable :cool:

Top Gun

Great guy, great car, great season. And kudos to all involved definately a perfect combination.

Steve:)

fine job

allright over the years Ive told ya all of mine and Dads secrets!!! Now its time you spill the beans. You have got some explaining to do. great job guys.. What convertor are ya using and whats the stall. also im gonna have some more ?s but later on this winter just need some convertor advice for now :cool: peace bret

Re: fine job

Originally posted by rudyttype
allright over the years Ive told ya all of mine and Dads secrets!!! Now its time you spill the beans. You have got some explaining to do. great job guys.. What convertor are ya using and whats the stall. also im gonna have some more ?s but later on this winter just need some convertor advice for now :cool: peace bret

What converter? You guys over looked the clutch during tech, it's a Liberty. :D

It's one of those pretty pink Precision Industries.