a few noise and boost questions

NorEaster

Started the car up after sitting for a week(bad weather) and have a few observations that I know someone could help with.

Had the hood up listening to the engine and very lightly cracked the throttle and by the back of the intake I can here a crackling noise for just a second then goes away.

Tried listening with s screwdriver and couldn't here it any where. What could this be?

I sat in the car and tried lightly revving it and can't here it in the car or see any kr on the sm.

I revved it higher and saw that I was getting kr in park and neutral when I let off the gas, as high as 20 deg. When I looked at my boost gauge I was getting 5 psi plus of boost ( autometer mechanical). Is that normal?

Also there is a hissing noise (doesn't sound like a leak) by the egr.

Sm numbers all look great.

Hissing noise that doesn't sound like a leak? Sounds like what a leak ought to sound like.
Boost in park/neutral just reving it up? No that's not normal at all. What is your vacuum reading at idle in park, and then in gear?

"A crackling noise at the back of the intake"

like a metal crackling noise maybe kinda squeeking....possibly a craked flex plate?

Not sure what to make of boost being made in park.......

TurboDave said:
Hissing noise that doesn't sound like a leak? Sounds like what a leak ought to sound like.
Boost in park/neutral just reving it up? No that's not normal at all. What is your vacuum reading at idle in park, and then in gear?

I will try to record the sound. Hard to describe.

Vacuum is park is 20 in and about 17 in in drive.

Amelio said:
"A crackling noise at the back of the intake"

like a metal crackling noise maybe kinda squeeking....possibly a craked flex plate?

Not sure what to make of boost being made in park.......

It sounds like its coming from right near the coil pack.

Also I just installed a mbc and have boost set to 15-16 psi

TurboDave said:

You were correct. Found a pin hole in the t fitting going to the egr. Thank you and im an idiot.

NorEaster said:
It sounds like its coming from right near the coil pack.

Also I just installed a mbc and have boost set to 15-16 psi

I recorded the sound and i cannot upload it. Any ideas on how I can get it for someone to hear it?