A bit slippery

Looks like the idiots I have been coming across in Kansas and Nebraska this week, and today is sleet and snow again:mad:

I've lived in the Midwest my whole life, and I've never jumped out of my car while it was moving in a snow storm.:confused: Is it me or do people seem like they cant drive in bad weather anymore. Remember rear wheel drive and no traction control, now that was winter driving..

Id hate to be the cop being assigned to that accident(s). Basically the everyday life of a Trooper during the winter months of New England.

We should be getting like 10+ inches here tomorrow. Cant wait to start up the snowblower....:D

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 337
Dang Brett! Thats one heck of a snow blower! Im here in Rhode Island myself right now and my flight is at 130pm at Logan. Hopefully the heavy stuff wont hit until afterwards.

John "Ready to get back to TX" Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

Dang Brett! Thats one heck of a snow blower! Im here in Rhode Island myself right now and my flight is at 130pm at Logan. Hopefully the heavy stuff wont hit until afterwards.

John "Ready to get back to TX" Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

There calling for like 7-9 inches now and they are saying its gonna start around 3 pm. Which means 10-12 where I live which is in the higher elevation boonies.

Yea, that blower is my B!tch....lol Could have bought another car for the price of that thing...:mad: Throws snow like 70 feet and glides thru 6 ft. drifts like butter. Waaaay overkill for my little driveway and usually end up doing my other neighbors driveways since it takes me like 3 1/2 minutes to do my driveway with it... ok, maybe like 5 minutes...:cool:

I grew up with a 120 ft driveway that was very steep so I just had to have the 32 in track-driven Honda Hydrostatic.

Duh, jumping out of the car.:rolleyes:
In defence of the crashes, it looks like they were on ice. You can do something dealing with sliding in snow but once you lose it on ice your just going for the ride. My pet peev with drivers in the snow are the big suvs that think 4wd is invincable. Every snowstorm I see at least one on their side on a stretch of road that I drive to work. It's straight but has deep shoulders. They go too fast, slide a little and catch the rear wheels over the edge. Next thing they are on their side.

I see more 4X4's stuck in the medium of the highway then cars. People with 4x4's think because all whells are turning they can stop easier:rolleyes:. 4x4, 6x6, whatever... coefficient of friction dosent mean anything when its a sheet of ice and friction is zero.

Im heading to a party at my Chassis guys place then onto a poker tournament in Southbury in that kind of weather.:D
But then again I am not so smart

I see more 4X4's stuck in the medium of the highway then cars. People with 4x4's think because all whells are turning they can stop easier:rolleyes:. 4x4, 6x6, whatever... coefficient of friction dosent mean anything when its a sheet of ice and friction is zero.

Newton. Know him! :D

Id hate to be the cop being assigned to that accident(s). Basically the everyday life of a Trooper during the winter months of New England.

We should be getting like 10+ inches here tomorrow. Cant wait to start up the snowblower....:D

Got one of those Hondas at the day job and I hate it. Sort of like our cars, great in a straight line but forget about taking turns at speed. :biggrin: Will go thru just about anything but it will give you a good workout.

Trying to get a traditional wheel not bulldozer track Deere with enclosure and of course the heated hand grips.:)

Check this one out. Always thought you did bumper skiing on the BACK bumper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBumIFwreA&NR=1