9th Annual All GM Car Show: Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca.

He won third place in his class.. as to the price.. he wanted $50,000 firm, if it was a hard top / cloth i think he could get that but it was a T-top /leather... i was talking to the owner near Lee's GNX and was telling him how the prices of GNX's have double or tripled and even over the 6 figures.. after that, he was like NOW i KNOW i'm not dropping the price LOL.. That car only had 640miles and never been titled..
show014.jpg

Wow. Me and my dad were guessing 35-40k, but 50 does sound way out of line. Especially one your going to have to keep in your garage and not even drive if you expect to get that kinda money out of it in return. Cars are made to be driven. Good luck.

impressive!!!!

I had quite a few people ask me if I saw the 9 sec GN,
I said yes, I've watched him whittle away the times , from mid 10's to
mid 9's now, they were impressed!
people know what our cars are, and we had good representation there, made me feel good to be with such clean ,and fast Turbo buicks,
Wells car is so clean, Nordys is so fast. Jeff's represented the TR that most people never see, ( seems like they only see the Black ones)
I had people crawling under the GNX to check the suspension,

fun huh?

I had quite a few people ask me if I saw the 9 sec GN,
I said yes, I've watched him whittle away the times , from mid 10's to
mid 9's now, they were impressed!
people know what our cars are, and we had good representation there, made me feel good to be with such clean ,and fast Turbo buicks,
Wells car is so clean, Nordys is so fast. Jeff's represented the TR that most people never see, ( seems like they only see the Black ones)
I had people crawling under the GNX to check the suspension,

fun huh?

yes it was cool to have all the different fields of the buick GN /T family there all at once.. it's going to be really cool next year if we can get a class just for our style or year range.. it sucked that we were mixed with the 60's chevelles, nova's for judging :(..

yes it was cool to have all the different fields of the buick GN /T family there all at once.. it's going to be really cool next year if we can get a class just for our style or year range.. it sucked that we were mixed with the 60's chevelles, nova's for judging :(..

Class? huh, the 1980's G bodies, all 10 of them???

Mike:
It wouldn't matter whether the turbo Buicks had a class of their own or not, bottom line of it all is that the actual voting is done on the basis of "Pick your favorite 10 cars" which is what is stated on the ballot card. I think that the preregistered voters, read mostly club members, are the only ones that vote in class, and they do "track" who votes for what from those voters. I was actually told at the show that if I did a good job on my voting card, that my car might get some votes. Think about that for a while. Sorry to hear that you did not win, but I did tell you how the voting would go.