98 Riviera :)

TireFryer

The New Kid
Got rid of the Olds Alero and picked up a '98 Riviera Peral White! Nice car...comfortable and still has bite to it when needed with the SC! :) just need to install a smaller pulley to up the boost, K&N filter, plugs/wires, and a free-flow exhaust. Anyone here have one of these? if so, what have you done? also, would like to put different rims on the car, so any help/info on the BOlt pattern and BAckspaing would be great!

Nice cars, I almost cosidered one but needed four doors. There is a guy over on RegalGS.org that goes by urbsNspices that has tinkered with one. Good board with good guys, give him a shout. Enjoy the ride.

regalgs.org has a riviera board. the riv has 5 on 115mm bolt pattern, you can go 7" wide with 5.5" back spacing, i,ve got 18's on mine with 245-55 tires, fit good,

Nice purchase Fryer!

I have a 97. Just so you know, the Pearl White is called 'Bright Diamond White' by Buick.

I had planned to get rims for it but the one I ended up with had the rivi alloys on it. Just a tip, last I checked alot of the fancy Caddy rims shared this bolt pattern. Lots of new and cheeep ones on ebay. Then you just get the 'R' center caps. Obviously this would only be good for 16s not some supah swank 18s.

Check out Regalgs.org, great place for general L67 info and rivi owners.

I am with you on that...and funny you should bring up Caddy, b/c I am looking @ some right now...

Rivi

Here is a nice shot of mine. Cant really see the rims. They arent very nice about no front plate in Illinois, so I left it on.

There are some interesting Caddy wheels and even tho they are OEM you dont see a ton of them on the road because Cad offers many different styles. If you end up getting some rims with a bolt cover, I can pull one of mine off and get you the part number. I always thought the rivi specific caps were kinda cool.

What kinda times have you gotten with your riv's? Assuming you have ran them.

My mom as a 98, and it feels like a low 15 sec car, I have only seen times for the 95 published, and that was a 15.7....so with 20+hp and more TQ, low 15's shouldnt be a problem for the 96+ riv's.

Last seasons PB was a 14.54@95 2.1 60
Since then I have thrown on the PnP SC, 3.25 pulley, Ported Manifolds. No idea where Im at now. Im pessimistic so I would say 14.3 with a pretty good MPH gain.

You can pretty much look at the GS numbers and add some time for the added weight.

I think Camlifter is running mid 13s with a shot o No2

about 3 weeks ago at idd3 at nationaltrails i ran 13.45@105mph the results are posted on there web site. next weekend i hope to go to mcir in larue, it's going 12's or coming home broke, just added slicks for the front and skinneys in the rear, a set of 1.9 rockers and a caspers volt blaster, if i have too i'll go up another 25 horse on the juice, the only thing stoping me is i'm already on the speed limiter going through the traps now at a 105

There still isnt anyone making modifying Computers for the riv's?....those GS and GTP guys get to have all the fun!

Nice times by the way....would love to see a big old Riv make a 12 sec pass!! :eek:

just got back from the track, with the new mods best run was 12.89@107.93 i could'nt be more pleased with the riv, drove there on slicks and front runners, ran 12's and drove home without breaking anything

What is the diff between the computers? Why didn't they just make them the same? Is it because the Rivs have more, or diff options? Is there a way to swap the computers? What can't you do to a Riv that you can do to a GS, GTP? I really like the Rivs, so whats the deal?

That little thing called the Rivs were meant to be more of a luxury car and not a race car. And yeah it can be about options. But you cant change PCMs because it wont work with a different engine.

swaping pcm,s won't work because of the cars vin code, they have too match, as for the riv i've talked to some of the programers and they say it takes so long to break gm,s codes to get into the pcm that it's not worth it for them to try if only a few people are moding riv's, if the riv ever gets a following like the gtp or regal then they will do it.