9 to 1 compression

Ive got a set heads on my car that had to shave the o ring grooves out. 9 to 1 was the calculation on mine and seems fine. Shes an alkyholic.

Ive got a set heads on my car that had to shave the o ring grooves out. 9 to 1 was the calculation on mine and seems fine. Shes an alkyholic.
Nice shot of your car !!! I like the wheels too

Bryan

My new build has higher than stock C:R and all I can say is WOW !!!! Engine makes great power , and the off boost drivablity is much better !! Just under 9 :1 CR .

Nothing wrong with 9:1. You'll be able to run a larger turbo do to the faster spool from the higher compression. Also, don't waste your time with the alky just run E85. Waste of time fillin up spray bottles....

Nothing wrong with 9:1. You'll be able to run a larger turbo do to the faster spool from the higher compression. Also, don't waste your time with the alky just run E85. Waste of time fillin up spray bottles....

I guarantee I fill my alky tank less than you fill up with E85 based on miles traveled. I get two full tanks of gas, even when racing, so 500 miles, to the 1/2 gallon of methanol I need to add to refill the tank to full.

Each has it's place, but I drive my car daily and alky wins hands down for cost of operation and performance in that instance.

The station that I use sold so little E85 that they converted that pump to non ethanol gas for the boats and bikes which are numerous in my neck of the woods.

Each has it's place, but I drive my car daily and alky wins hands down for cost of operation and performance in that instance.

The station that I use sold so little E85 that they converted that pump to non ethanol gas for the boats and bikes which are numerous in my neck of the woods.

How do you figure cost of operation is less.. you spend $30 bucks more a tank for 93 octane ... an alky kit costs $600 .. a E85 conversion is $500

How do you figure an alky kit has better performance hands down .. did you run your car optimized for E85 to compare ?

How do you figure cost of operation is less.. you spend $30 bucks more a tank for 93 octane ... an alky kit costs $600 .. a E85 conversion is $500

How do you figure an alky kit has better performance hands down .. did you run your car optimized for E85 to compare ?

Seldom does the reduced cost of E85 result in a lower cost per mile. And at 130mph or even a few more in the quarter, performance seems to be similar between the two systems. E85 does have performance advantages, yes, but the point is for a street car that Rob Z was stating.

Seldom does the reduced cost of E85 result in a lower cost per mile. And at 130mph or even a few more in the quarter, performance seems to be similar between the two systems. E85 does have performance advantages, yes, but the point is for a street car that Rob Z was stating.

X2.

E85 generally gets a 1/4 less in mileage under normal driving conditions and even less when under full throttle.

If E85 was the cats ass people would be flocking to the stations that do carry it. The station I use got rid of it because even though there are a ton of flex fuel vehicles on the road, these people still fill up with 87oct. piss water express because they get more mpg.

Just because E85 costs less per gallon doesn't mean it costs less per mile traveled.

If E85 was the cats ass people would be flocking to the stations that do carry it
If I had the option to flock to stations that carried it I'd have converted both of my cars years ago. It's simply not available. From a performance standpoint it certainly is the cats ass and will allow huge increases in cylinder pressure without detonation and has a much greater limit as far as tuning goes compared to 93/alky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had the option to flock to stations that carried it I'd have converted both of my cars years ago. It's simply not available. From a performance standpoint it certainly is the cats ass and will allow huge increases in cylinder pressure without detonation and has a much greater limit as far as tuning goes compared to 93/alky.

That may be the case, but for those that drive more than race it's not economical and if you take away the taxpayer subsidy it would cost more than regular gas.

Alky is the better choice for people that DD their car hands down from a cost perspective. The alky only comes on under boost, E85 consumes more any time the engine is running.

And what happens to the person that converts to E85 for their DD and then it becomes unavailable at the local station and then has to go to a source that is out of reach for them.

E85 has it's place and to each his own in what they want from their car and wallet.

That may be the case, but for those that drive more than race it's not economical and if you take away the taxpayer subsidy it would cost more than regular gas.

Alky is the better choice for people that DD their car hands down from a cost perspective. The alky only comes on under boost, E85 consumes more any time the engine is running.

And what happens to the person that converts to E85 for their DD and then it becomes unavailable at the local station and then has to go to a source that is out of reach for them.

E85 has it's place and to each his own in what they want from their car and wallet.
I wouldn't be in this hobby if I was worried about economy. I'd drive a Prius and I would have voted for Obama.

I wouldn't be in this hobby if I was worried about economy. I'd drive a Prius and I would have voted for Obama.

Just owning one of these cars is uneconomical regardless of what fuel you use.

Be honest with yourself .. its not less to run alky .. how much does denatured cost ... how much more a gallon is Premium gas than ethanol...
there is about 90 miles to a tank difference .. so 5-6 gallons ... that's 17 bucks more E85 to get the same mileage per tank ... The difference in price to fill up with premium pump is $34 bucks alone .. so you already spent $17 bucks more for pump for the same mileage and you didn't even take into account the alky cost !

Alky is like NOS ... there is always an added complexity to it... if 93 pump gas was the same price as E85 .. I would agree .. wouldn't make sense .. but $2.80 a gallon VS $4.50 a gallon + ALKY cost ... doesn't make it work ...

to each their own.. If you have access to E85 .. its a no brainer

Be honest with yourself .. its not less to run alky .. how much does denatured cost ... how much more a gallon is Premium gas than ethanol...
there is about 90 miles to a tank difference .. so 5-6 gallons ... that's 17 bucks more E85 to get the same mileage per tank ... The difference in price to fill up with premium pump is $34 bucks alone .. so you already spent $17 bucks more for pump for the same mileage and you didn't even take into account the alky cost !

Alky is like NOS ... there is always an added complexity to it... if 93 pump gas was the same price as E85 .. I would agree .. wouldn't make sense .. but $2.80 a gallon VS $4.50 a gallon + ALKY cost ... doesn't make it work ...

to each their own.. If you have access to E85 .. its a no brainer

93 oct where I live is 3.69/79 a gallon. 5.50 a gallon for M1 meth. I use a gallon every 3 weeks or so. It just makes more sense for me to not switch. Also the complexity/problems with E85 that aren't voiced that often like moisture/water retention issues which are more likely to happen when pumped or if your car sits for any length of time isn't my cup of tea.

I guess if you get screwed at the pump in Cali or whatever democratic communist state you live it would make sense to use E85.

There is no one size fits all way to build or drive your car and you're entitled to your opinion as are others who disagree with you.

Mileage sucks, power potential great. To each their own like you say.

93 oct where I live is 3.69/79 a gallon. 5.50 a gallon for M1 meth. I use a gallon every 3 weeks or so. It just makes more sense for me to not switch. Also the complexity/problems with E85 that aren't voiced that often like moisture/water retention issues which are more likely to happen when pumped or if your car sits for any length of time isn't my cup of tea.

I guess if you get screwed at the pump in Cali or whatever democratic communist state you live it would make sense to use E85.

There is no one size fits all way to build or drive your car and you're entitled to your opinion as are others who disagree with you.

Mileage sucks, power potential great. To each their own like you say.

And decreased oil life even over an alky car.

And decreased oil life even over an alky car.

All the oil changes over the life of the car on E85 ... still won't add up to the 1 alky pump you WILL be putting in ... its not if .. its WHEN ...
Ive seen the pumps go on high boost and then your talking gaskets ... sorry not my cup of tea ...

but again if you cant Get E85 ... alky / pump beats RACE fuel costs .. it has its place and application. but you cant tell me alky / pump is a better setup overall then E85

All the oil changes over the life of the car on E85 ... still won't add up to the 1 alky pump you WILL be putting in ... its not if .. its WHEN ...
Ive seen the pumps go on high boost and then your talking gaskets ... sorry not my cup of tea ...

but again if you cant Get E85 ... alky / pump beats RACE fuel costs .. it has its place and application. but you cant tell me alky / pump is a better setup overall then E85

I can. I have E85 available. The range is what keeps me away. I like actually taking my car on trips. I feel like I fill it too much now. I realize I give up performance, but I've been doing that a long time for the sake of reliability. Show me someone who puts 10k miles per year on their TR with E85 and I'll be glad to hear their experience.

And if the pump fails at high boost, you weren't watching your system close enough to begin with. Any pump can fail at high boost, one of the double dumper's, etc. Reman alky pumps are like $90 shipped. I do an alky pump every other year and a regular fuel pump every 4 years needed or not.