89 TTA running gear

ozpont

.... have not read up on it too much but theres a 89 TTA engine / drivetrain on ebay for $7500

eBay Motors: 89 Turbo trans am,complete drivetrain,tta,3.8l,gta (item 250174030254 end time Oct-15-07 17:21:05 PDT)

e9c6_1.JPG

Very tempting....I saw a very nice white GTA on a local car lot last week. But, when you add the two investments, shipping and labor, you are better off buying a real TTA.....But it IS tempting. :)

Ill sell the running gear out of my TTA for less than that ..LOL:biggrin:

.... have not read up on it too much but theres a 89 TTA engine / drivetrain on ebay for $7500

eBay Motors: 89 Turbo trans am,complete drivetrain,tta,3.8l,gta (item 250174030254 end time Oct-15-07 17:21:05 PDT)

e9c6_1.JPG

Sounds high to me....

'86 - '87 GN motors and trannys with wiring harnesses go complete in the $2500-$3500 range....with everything..... IMHO there isn't $4500 worth of difference between the TTA and the GN Powerplants....

IMHO..... Maybe $4500 tops with wiring harness.... tranny...rear end.... etc... intercooler and all...

He put this gear in a Red 89 GTA convertable and needs to pull it for the sale. He would prefer to sell the whole car, but has not had much luck.

- Dave

Maybe $7500 for the car and "running gear",but then again sometimes you can get a REAL TTA for a few hundred more then $7500...

There was one in Washington state that sold for like 4K a year ago.. had 200K miles.

Most of the high mileage beaters will be 6-8k

If anyone is interested I have a TTA engine for sale. If you would like more info on it please pm me. Im taking offers.

There was one in Washington state that sold for like 4K a year ago.. had 200K miles.

Most of the high mileage beaters will be 6-8k

ya they are still out there for cheap $$$ .. hey it's only a 3rd gen F body anyway :eek: whats the big deal ?? :p

Show me these real TTA's for a few hundred more than 7500 and I'll buy em all

I know you are a newbie... and I can excuse that..... but there actually have been numerous cars available on this board and elsewhere in the past few years well below 10k. When I browsed the for sale ads today... 2nd page.... I found this...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/228875-sale-tta-8950-trade.html

It isn't a few hundred more than $7500... but it is in the same ballpark..... and it hasn't sold yet either.... car might just come down to that price range when it does sell..... just using that as an example....