$875 for a TURBO SHIELD????~?

Joe Harrington had some reproduced using the original tooling that he bought from GM. His were approx $500 and identical in every way.

I saw a GNX turbo shield sell for $825 on Ebay last year.:eek: The bidding started low on the other one it just kept going and going.Glad I didn't pay that much for mine,but they are like looking for a needle in a haystack.I've only seen 3 for sale in the last 5 years.Before that I didn't look or care.:rolleyes: The bid is starting high,that's about what I'd expect it to end at. This auction is for high rollers only. :eek: I'm out:(

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Joe Harrington had some reproduced using the original tooling that he bought from GM. His were approx $500 and identical in every way.

not IDENTICAL, but Damn Close, i have one of his, and did/do see one difference which isnt obvious but definitely a differenct.

Originally posted by arista5
not IDENTICAL, but Damn Close, i have one of his, and did/do see one difference which isnt obvious but definitely a differenct.
I looked over my OEM GNX shield and there is no part# on it,could be risky buying one down the road with repro's out there now.

This is normal for a rare part like this.. Those proces are not out of line considering you can't get em anywhere..

Originally posted by 2NASSTYBUICKS
I looked over my OEM GNX shield and there is no part# on it,could be risky buying one down the road with repro's out there now.

I agree... Definitely going to get tougher, but if you look on the inside you will know the difference

I had one sitting on the shelve in my shop a customer saw it and said I will give you $1100 right now. It was a real original never used. Suprised me as well. They will bring good money
Mike

I got one prob 5 years ago....guy had about 7-800 in it then...Chromin an stuff :cool:

uhhhhh...

uhhhhh...

is this like someone paying 1 million dollars for a baseball that has someones signiture on it? (bonds or mcguire)...

:confused:

and we wonder why starving people in third world countries hate us...lol...

better a bonds or mcguire bat than a sosa.....those are worth a lot less today then they were last week......

Since this is the lounge, Any of you guys that's think $875 is too much, how much would you sell it for if you owned it? does anyone out there know of anyone else with an NOS original shield for sale? Don't get me wrong Joe's are very nice but it still is a repro at $350. So I'll put it to the board I'm going to be listing my spare set of NOS complete GNX gauges. What do you think these are worth? The complete GNX package was $10,900 when you order your car in 87 what do you think you would pay for it in 2003. Just my 2 cents and by the way I would love to see the shield go to a G spot:D :D :D :D :D :D :D