87 t type police

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbonarccar

I'm listing this car on here again. It is an 87 t type police, original northern california under cover car. The car is all original, chasis has 160k, un molested. The car has been stored since 93, run every now and again. She needs to be restored or built by a new loving owner. I don't have the time and just losing interest. They car is grey on grey with buckets and a center shifter. I'll try to stay on top of any questions. The price is $5000 firm.:smile:

Attachments

• buick pics 006.jpg
    buick pics 006.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 858
What kind of trades? Possibly looking for a Buell, small fishing boat, toyota 4x4 ???? and I love old cars.

Attachments

• HPIM0619.JPG
    HPIM0619.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 641
  • HPIM0626.JPG
    HPIM0626.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 636
Here are a few more pics.

Attachments

• HPIM0628.JPG
    HPIM0628.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 630
  • HPIM0627.JPG
    HPIM0627.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 616
  • buick pics 009.jpg
    buick pics 009.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 617
  • buick pics 011.jpg
    buick pics 011.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 615
  • buick codes 002.jpg
    buick codes 002.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 599
Yeah, What makes this a "police package". Is there some documentation to support this claim?

i dont have any documentation for my car but i was told by the previous owner my car was used as a undercover cop car for sometime. might explain why one piston had the hell beat out of it.

Looks like it has the "shift into overdrive for high speed pursuit" sticker on the dash. Granted you can buy those online nowadays.

So, in theory, I could "say" that my car was a former cop car or owned by a celebrity or something like that and you guys would believe it?:confused:

Sounds to me like this would be a claim such as that should be supported by documentation or something (ie: like your dash plate signed by Molly or something like that)- something that would add the perceived value represented.

Just my two cents...

o one other thing as far as my car. if it was a cop car or not i dont care but they wired in the headlights to the a/c control so you could have 4 levels of brightness depending on the level of the control. low fan was very dim high was bright it was wierd never seen anything like that before.

I wouldn't care either but it seems if you're going to tell people that your car is "fill in the blank", you should be able to back it up with some sort of proof.

Otherwise, anyone could make any outrageous claims. (ex: My Buick was owned by Carroll Shelby and he did the mods on it but I don't have any verifiable proof but the guy that sold it to me said it was, so I have to believe him...:eek:

i know what your saying. i can back mine up if i really wanted to but whats the point.

Just curious. How can you back it up? I have always heard rumor about these cars being used by poilce/FBI... Is there specific documentation to support it?

I'd be interested in buying one as "a piece of history" but without some tangible proof I don't see the point.

Car

Too answer everone busting you just run a carfax. Should tell you the previous owner right? Or if you have a friend in law enforment just have them run the vin. It could be I know of a few town here that have Mustang gt's one has a Vette an a BMW an don't even start with the sheriffs dept they got one of everything. That hot rod Merc. a Merc. I could just go on an on.
Goodluck with your sale! Mike

no "busting" intended here...

Just trying to do some due diligence and make sure that if I were going to buy a car that is represented as "fill in the blank", that it is actually documented or able to be verified. That's all. (ie: - like Barrett Jackson -If an auction house like them states a claim, they have to back it up otherwise it's just an empty claim.) Pedigree is where the value is made...

BTW, carfax and autocheck don't always have all the details. You'd be surprised the stuff they miss.

ummmmm ..this is a $5000 car .... so what if it's a reg T :eek: my Buicks were signed by Shelby when he came over to see his wifes 66 Shelby Convert that I have :p

Attachments

• fleet.jpg
    fleet.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 316
Status
Not open for further replies.