87 T-type nightmare (dont look if your sqeaamish)

ALblackT

Hi, this is my intro/plea for help. I have spent the last several years trading around, and finally traded up
to a turbo regal. Picked up an 87 T from a guy who knew what he had, but didnt have the knowledge to
make the car 'right'. It has some wiring issues, along with some boost issues. But other than that it is a
decent car. On a side note, this same guy had an original 87 GN in the garage out back, pristine condition
with 32k miles on it... drool
Some pics as it was when i got it:
5d0z1w.jpg

b500vk.jpg

2njx4k2.jpg

Well, i began sorting out the issues with it as best as i knew how, but it was coming along. One of the issues
was the nuetral safety switch had been disconnected... guess where this is going..
Ill get right to it. 5 days after getting it home i reached in the door to start it, and you guessed it, it cranked
in gear. Drug me 20 feet into a 4 foot table and stopped against the brick wall behind it.
14sil8k.jpg

334517t.jpg

168h5w1.jpg

iqg6lg.jpg

2njj5gg.jpg

To my questions.
Is this car repairable?
Is it worth it?

Thanks for making it this far down =)

Looks like A easy fix and well worth fixing

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Fix it, does it look like it has any frame damage? Looks OK from pics. Did you have collector insurance on it?

Yes and yes........by the way I've seen this movie...:D

well, this movie sucks. It's too realistic.

That is insane, sorry that happened i would be pissed

I was on the verge of vomit after i got loose from it and watched it roll to its doom

Looks like A easy fix and well worth fixing

If there is somone from the southeast, I would very much appreciate the info on a compent body shop that can fix this and can find parts.
The local place studdered when i told him what car, and didnt act like he knew where to get a fender

Fix it, does it look like it has any frame damage? Looks OK from pics. Did you have collector insurance on it?

The table cleared the bumper and met at light level. The hood was up, so no damage there. i dont see how it could have gotten frame damage if the bumper never made contact. Only had the car 5 days, havent even titled it yet. So no insurance

All the parts you need are available, might want to check with some of the vendors on here that supply stock parts. ttaowner@yahoo.com has lots of body parts. Hardest part of putting things back together is finding a decent painter in your area that you can trust. Someone here is bound to be near you and can point you in the right direction.

Paint/body work isnt a big deal. In the couple of hours i dug around on here, i couldnt find a fender, and a friend told me " you won't find parts to fix that". I guess
I just need to get it to a bodyshop.

Thanks

I love how peoples"friends " can be haters and know it all when they dont know what the hell they are talking about...As long as you didnt bend the frame the parts are available...like stated earlier ttaowner and intercooled88s have used original parts... plus a few others parting out cars in the parts for sale section, spoolfool has bumper fillers, gbody parts.com has new and reproduction parts...
The whole front clip will come off as 1 piece with hand tools just keep taking bolts out and disconnecting wires(headlights etc) make sure you get ziplock bags and for your bolts tag and bag them as you take it apart and take lots of pictures...It also wouldnt be a bad time to clean the grunge off the frame etc..Youll be suprised what you can do with a lil patience some superclean and some spray paint....Oh yea btw welcome to the darkside and the turbo buick family!!! Everything you need is in this thread... He has fenders for $100...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...s-from-another-tb-member-with-link-to.395708/

Thanks much on that. I have a guy that will fix it with my parts, his paint and labor for $800. Time to start collecting parts o_O

Ya don't listen to your buddy. Parts are really easy to find. www.gbodyparts.com will have everything you need.

Any local junkyard with a base model regal on hand can provde some sheet metal.

Looks like any frame damage is ahead of the front suspension so it should be a pretty easy fix.

Thanks much on that. I have a guy that will fix it with my parts, his paint and labor for $800. Time to start collecting parts o_O
Thats a hell of a deal for $800. Don't be to suprised if the price changes some after he gets into the job. Just by the pictures i would be in the ball park of $2k for labor alone. I feel for you. Good luck, hope everything works out.

I saw the pictures of the other car with the Passangerside destroyed and was thinking $800!! What! Your car only got the front end smashed. Ok that's not so bad!! Fix it and move on. Not so bad.