'87 Grand National in Texas

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Here's something I thought I would never do! My GN is up for sale

I'll do my best to discribe my car. First I will list my mods, the motor is completly stock except for the upgraded LT1 valve springs and timing chain that were done at 44K. No motor work has ever been done PERIOD!

Kirban, fuel pressure regulator $100
CAS V4 intercooler $700
PTE-51 polished $500
Walbro fuel pump $100
ATR downpipe $450
Catback exhaust aerochamber $300
SMC alky kit $350
Bruce T. PTS Killer/Street tranny $3000
PTS 9/11 3000 stall $450
MSD 50 injectors $300
Eaton posi $700 includes installation
Boost controller BSTC $150
Scanmaster $150
Cold air intake "big mouth" $250
PT51 turbo about 5K miles $500
ATR 1 3/8 sway bar $200
Belltech 2" drop spindles $150 I have the orig.still
GNX rims and tires $1500 Firestone Firehawk, I have the factory rims too
B&M tranny cooler $100
Power plate $50
Hot wire kit $$

Your looking at over $8000 in parts alone to recreate this combo. So, what does all of this "stuff" get you? How about a safe 433HP and 572Ft TQ at the wheels on pump gas using the SMC alky kit and only 20* of timing! I have about 20+ dyno pulls tuning the car in.

I haven't been to the track in some time, the last time I went was in 2003 where I ran consistant 11.8's @ 116MPH with a simple 4psi launch on drag radials. I probably made about 20 1/4 mile passes in all. Mostly fun Buick/GN events, nothing serious. I had two other buddies that went 10.8s with the same combo except with a PT54 and slicks on a 10psi launch.

You can see pictures of the car by clicking on the link in my signature and you will see that the car is well cared for. the undercarriage is very, very clean as well as the engine compartment. The interior is immaculant. The body is straight with absolutly no rust. The trunk area is perfect and the spare tire has never been used. The paint is factory. I thought about painting it serveral times however, I believe in cars that are "survivors". The paint is good and shines well. I think of it as a 1 footer. You have to get close to see the GM flaws.

I purchased the car from Dennis Kirban in late 2001. Kirban installed the additional bracing and missing body bushings. The car was all factory stock down to the air box and single exhaust, absolutly no mods were done. I bought the GN with 42,700 miles and today it has 58,000. I use to drive the GN every chance I could, but with my career, time spent on cars and my kids time has dwindled to little to no time at all. Hence the reason the Saleen went earlier this year.

Initially I was planning on selling the '68 Mustang but I see that car as more of a car the that the whole family can enjoy. In the past 2 years I probably only put about 1000 miles on the GN. The Buick has only one purpose, to intimidate and terrorize while on the prowl.

I have won serveral first place trophys at the local car shows, which I started attending just last year. I simply put out a couple of dyno charts in picture frames and people cannot believe that a little V6 can make so much power.

The PTS tranny and 9/11 converter are the gate keeper to making this car as powerful as it is. The 9/11 really helps the PT51 spool quickly and the killer/street shifts so precise it's not funny. This a really good tranny PERIOD!

I have all of the factory orig. parts that go with the car. Every nut, bolt, clamp and screw so that it can go back to factory spec along with additional parts that I have collected to be used as spares. I always use Mobile 1 synthetic oil and so did the owner before me.

As for price. NADA list the GN at $13,500 for average retail and $21,500 for high retail. I think that this GN is a solid $15,000 if I were to sell it without any of the mods and return it to stock or $18,500 will all the goodies and the box of factory parts which includes 6 GN rims in excellent condition.

I have all the reciepts and a mountian of documentation that also go with the car.

I know that when it goes I'm going to ask myself, Why did I just do that? But I really think the Callaway and the '68 are enough to have for one person.

feel free to email me at soundersmom@yahoo.com for additional pictures or to answer any questions. I would prefer a local sale if possible hence posting in this forum.

best regards

Attachments

• 11GN DS.jpg
    11GN DS.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 344
Bump for a beautiful GN, wish I had the money it would be in my driveway. You must really love the 68 to keep that one over this one!!! :cool: