87 GN vs 04 Z06 video

Originally posted by SinistrV6
I hope one of you guys is posting this over on the 'Vette forums!:D
No offense guys but.....
Why would you want to do that, A pumped up GN on tire VS a stock Z06.
Tire to Tire would be a fair race don't you think? and something to brag about.

NO I'm not trolling...just calling it like I see it
YES I own a 02 Z (runs 12.20@118 on stock radials)

For what its worth, yeah the tire may have made a difference on the launch, but the car was steadily walking away.. even with an even start the outcome would have still been the same.

thanks for posting...

thanks for posting those inspirational videos! :D :D :D :D :D :D

my Buick has been broken for a while now and it will probably stay that way for a while longer - but, videos like that remind me why I bought it in the first place!!!!

:cool:

JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
The Z06 is pretty much stock.

My GN has ported 8445 heads, ported intake, small MMC cam and a PTE Stealth turbo.

Video has been re-hosted here....

(Right Click and Save as)

Jose

Pretty much stock? I didn't even hear a cat back on that Z.

Great Kill nontheless! :) He raced, he lost! :cool: You won!

I'm looking for one to run. I have since studded the heads and added a few traction and ECM mods ;)

Jose

pontiac69fb said:
It would be interesting to see how the GN would fair against a 2006 Z06 that has 500 hp and runs high 11s in the quarter mile from the factory. http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=9017&page_number=3 2006 Z06
high 11s in a C6 Z06? they should do much better than that. there are C5 Z06 owners cracking high 11s (even GMHTP got an 11.97 out of an 04 Z06), and with an extra 100hp, the C6 Z06 should be easy mid - low 11s with the right driver and track conditions