87 GN not shifting into 2nd? HELP

CanMove

I have a 87 GN with 25k original miles...
The Transmission just started acting up and giving me a hard time shifting into 2nd. If i let off the gas a bit, she will go right into 2nd.
Im praying my whole transmission is not bad.
I heard there was a cable that can get loose or that might need to be re adjusted???
So my questions are??!!!
how do i tell if its the cable that needs to be readjusted?
Is there a GN transmission guy close to Detroit area that I should go see??
Is there anything i can do to check transmission??

HELP HELP!!!

richard 313-999-1156 u can call or text me if you want to..

Detent cable,drivers side throttle body behind the throttle level.Turn car off,press that button, slide the cable in all the way,go back in the car an stab the Throttle/gas peddle,it should self set, Then try it.or you can set manualy with enough test rides

Enjoy!

Detent cable,drivers side throttle body behind the throttle level.Turn car off,press that button, slide the cable in all the way,go back in the car an stab the Throttle/gas peddle,it should self set, Then try it.or you can set manualy with enough test rides

Enjoy!

Thx for the quick reply HelloBozos, I went out and looked for that button to push and could not find it!! Man a how to with pics would be nice..

there were like 3 cables all right there on the drivers side throttle body..
not sure which one is which... sorry im an electrician not a car mechanic!!!

Thx for the quick reply HelloBozos, I went out and looked for that button to push and could not find it!! Man a how to with pics would be nice..

there were like 3 cables all right there on the drivers side throttle body..
not sure which one is which... sorry im an electrician not a car mechanic!!!

PHOTO_13430778_6696_7585054_ap.jpg

It can be a bear to push in,if you do manualy ,watch those notches on the cable in the back,i think mines about 5-6 out. If this don't fix it, check your trans fluid level

Enjoy!

I

Called him and got it adjusted over the phone so hes test driving it now. Hope it works out . If not change filter and fluid then try again ..

rebuilding tranny questions??

Someone recommended a guy here in Michigan by the name of Brian to rebuild my GN tranny.
I called him up he is gonna pull tranny and reinstall at my house in garage after rebuild.. hes talking about $1800 for taking out and rebuilding and putting back in... he said the trans will be good up to 600 HP

what should i make sure he upgrades my trans parts to??
what should i be looking for and making sure he uses??

im getting a new 2700 converter for that price, roller bearings, and a cpl other things he said that i forgot off hand..

any help will be appreciated, Richard.