87 gn misfire

bwash44

i have a 87 grand national i just put a new tps and set it at.44 idle 4.66 wot crank up ran fine well then i had a oil leak on my guage so i fixed it and washed the oil off the engine good then when i went to start it after washing it has a bad sputter when i hit the gas and the check engine light came on now has no power any ideas

its been a almost 2 days now when i try to mash the throttle just stumbles before i washed the engine ran great besides the oil coming out of dipstick and breather

Coil/Modular has moisture in it. Well everything has moisture in it most likely. Washing a GN engine causes all kinds of issues. Start it and let heat build up in the engine compartment. Will help some. Like william said....she'll dry out. Oil out the dipstick?????

If you live in a cold climate could take awhile, if you can, garage it and throw in a big floor fan pointing into the engine compartment.

Misfire

I did an engine wash on my 85 once and I got a lot of water in the air filter box. Check and see if you have standing water in there.

i have a 87 grand national i just put a new tps and set it at.44 idle 4.66 wot crank up ran fine well then i had a oil leak on my guage so i fixed it and washed the oil off the engine good then when i went to start it after washing it has a bad sputter when i hit the gas and the check engine light came on now has no power any ideas

I have no way of telling what code but the filter did get wet im gonna let it drie som moree i guess what causes the oil out breather / dipstick when i floor it sometime s blue smoke im stumped

well decided to buy a new coil , still does same thing when i trie to press throttle it just stumble and dies i dont no what to do but its really discouraging only had the car couple weeks and no luck since i bought it

You may have ruined the MAF when you got the air filter wet. Try another MAF. Did you check your codes? Connect "A" to "B" on your ALDL, turn the key on and count the blinks on your check engine light.

Gonna pic up a maf in the morning see how that goes hope that gixes it bc im dumping money in it and havent barely drove it

Make sure you got the right coil. Did you get it at the local part store? Pull the codes and see what you find also. You need a scanmaster!!!

ok no luck on a maf noone sells themif anybody has a stock one or aftermarket ill take it also need a scanmaster i guess let me no

1986 1987 Buick Regal Grand National Turbo T T-Type GNX REBUILT ORIGINAL AC DELCO MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR #7045 they also sell the scanmaster.

Or you can get them at autozone, etc. for about $50.
Just make sure the plug points the same way as your stock one and I'd hold on to the original until you get a good working unit. They have had problems with remans but if it has the right plug configuration you should be alright, you can also then use your scanmaster to make sure it is putting out the right numbers.

instead of all the guessing what you need posts and the "tried this but no change" torment and runnin around , quit throwing parts at it and pull the code with a paper clip already before you know it youll have replaced a good part with one that was new but not working and youll have a new trouble to chase

you want a guess , the tps took a dump with the bath you gave it , that sensor isnt waterproof

keep in mind its just a guess without knowing the code or having a scanmaster to know the readings of the sensors youll guess til your pockets are empty

ok no luck on a maf noone sells themif anybody has a stock one or aftermarket ill take it also need a scanmaster i guess let me no

They have a lot of problems with remanu MAF's. I would borrow a known working one from another member or you may be chasing your tail. It seems like everyone has troubles when they buy a turbo buick...I snapped my crank and cracked the block while babying mine home. I'm talking zero boost. Just find out who's around you and get some help. It will all come together soon enough if you stick with it. Putting money into it will never stop though. Now go get a scanmaster ;)

Thanks guys put a new tps again now car runs great couldnt be more happy with such a simple fix