87 GN in SC Beautiful Car. Must see. Fresh paint, AC, and Trany. Engine all Original.

Hedge

Time to sell my baby a 1987 Buick Grand National with 93093 miles on it. Still have the factory sheet from inside the door as well. Here is a list of everything I can remember I have done to the car. I have receipts for almost all of it. I am the third owner of the car (the second owner did not own it long at all he basically bought it then turned around and sold it to me).
Engine has never been touched. Still factory. The only thing I have done was replace all the seals and gaskets in the bottom end so she wouldn’t drip in my garage.
Speedometer cable replaced (no more bouncing speedo needle).
Cracked factory header replaced with ATR header.
New headliner.
New carpet.
New radio with CD/MP3 capability. Amp in trunk.
New center horn cap (the aluminum one).
Kirbans LED dash lights and new low fuel circuit board.
New plugs, wires, fuel filter.
A/C system has been completely rebuilt to factory parts. Including all hoses and compressor.
New Air Dams in front.
New bumper cushions front and back.
Transmission was completely rebuilt using all parts recommended by Art Carr (the guy not the company). Hardened stator red eagle red clutches, shift kit etc.
New torque converter (orange stripe from the Buick club).
New Front and Rear windshield. Rear has working defroster.
New chrome trim on dash.
New weather stripping throughout. All windows, doors, trunk and under the hood. Factory weather stripping used.
New headlight bezels.
New reproduction marker lamps.
Reconditioned rear taillights and bezels.
New Grand National and Intercooled emblems.
New paint job. This is a really good paint job. A friend of mine did it for me and it took 10 months. As you can see in the pictures the entire car was disassembled painted and then put back together. No paint lines anywhere from taping as a result. Really needs to be seen to be appreciated.

I have plenty of photos for you to look at.

This first set if from the day I dropped her off at the body shop till the day I picked her back up.
GN undergoes transformation

This second set are ones I took last weekend (needed a couple of interior shots).
How she looks today

I have taken great care from the time I purchased this car until now to replace all parts with factory parts when I could get them. The car sits in my garage under a $300 car cover from California Car Covers with Buick GN embroidered on it. I drove the car maybe 1 time every other month. So why am I selling this beauty? Well as everyone who has owned a hot rod knows there comes a time when you have done almost everything you wanted to a car and you get that voice in your head that says should I keep it? After about a year of thinking about it and talking to my wife I have decided that I just don’t drive the car enough to enjoy it properly. I would love for somebody else to own it that will take care of it as I have.

Things wrong with the car…
Really only 4 things.
1. When you have more than 2 people in the car (my family for example) one of the mufflers hits the drive shaft when you go over bumps in the road and that makes a noise. Easily fixable at a muffler shop I just never could remember to do it.
2. Sometimes when the car sits at idle for a while it will idle down and the check engine light will come on. I was told by my mechanic that this is due to an intake leak near the gasket. I pulled the car out for these photos the other day and let it sit and idle for a good 8 – 10 minutes though and it didn’t happen.
3. Tires will need to be replaced fairly soon.
4. The back seat has a stain on it. Looks like maybe somebody spilled some cleaner or something in a spot. It is very light in color so really not noticeable unless it is pointed out to you.

What would I do if I kept the car?
I would eventually go through the motor with a slightly better than factory engine rebuild.
I would start replacing the seats interior and then the doors. Not because they really need it, they are in fine condition (no rips or really worn spots) but I would just want to continue replacing parts with new ones.
New exhaust system. Nothing wrong with the one on there other than it looks like nothing special and that one muffler taps the drive shaft with 3 or more people in the car.

Car rides and drives fine. Turbo works etc. (I have a turbo gauge in the car and have holders for other gauges just never got around to buying and installing them).

I also have some spare parts for the car that I purchased over the years. Buy the car at my asking price and they are yours. Stuff like new coil pack, replacement dash piece for around the speedo gauge area. Chip for blue top injectors should you choose to go that route, replacement appliques for the gear shift column etc. Many copies of the GSXtra.

So now what am I asking for the car you say? My asking price is $15,000 I think this is a very fair asking price for what the car has in it and the fact that it is not all hacked up and raced on the weekends etc. Car is as factory as it can be and looks beautiful. Every time I drove the car it turned heads and got compliments. Heck last time I had a guy chase me down in the parking lot and give me an entry form for a local church car show.

If you have questions please feel free to email me pegweb@gmail.com

The car and myself are located in Lexington SC.

That is a good looking car, mine was just rearended and I am looking for parts and a good shop that will do it right and make that little lizard think twice about hitting another GN, that paint job must have been close to $9,000 !

Thanks. Yes it is a beautiful car. They body shop did a really good job and they did exactly what I asked them to do. They took forever but I did tell them I did not care so much about how long it took. I just wanted it done right. If your near SC the name of the body shop that did all the work is Kolors by Keisler. The owners name is Lonnie.

When I purchased the car it it has a sunroof. However it was not a factory sunroof but was aftermarket. So I wanted the car back to factory with the hardtop. I asked my friend who owns the body shop what he would do if it was his car and he told me get an entire roof. I spent the time and found an 87 regal in a junkyard with a clean roof another state over so I drove and picked it up. Then the body shop cut the top of my existing roof and put the new one on at the same factory seems. So now the car is back factory and it looks that way. :)

Looks good. Yeah it sucks when people put a cheesy sunroof on a car, fixing it correctly ends up being quite a job.

Had somebody ask where in SC the car is located. I am in Lexington SC which is right outside of Columbia. Pretty much right in the middle of the state.