87 GN fine tune

LI6pack

Looking for a local shop that can fine tune my GN. I basically changed out everything last spring, cars runs good just not great. I live in the NY area, specifically Long Island in Nassau County.

I get a little mis when I punch it and just want someone who knows to give it a once over.

Looking for a local shop that can fine tune my GN. I basically changed out everything last spring, cars runs good just not great. I live in the NY area, specifically Long Island in Nassau County.

I get a little mis when I punch it and just want someone who knows to give it a once over.
Well, if you don't mind a good drive you should pay a visit to Jack at Cotton's performance in Agawam, MA. It will be the best ride you will take. You will not mind hanging out at the shop. He works mostly on just GNs and his reputation is nationally known for these cars. Hell, you should take a ride up tomorrow. We are having our snowed out yearly BBQ at his shop starting at noon Saturday. People routinely drive from NJ and points beyond for this BBQ. I would guess it is a 1.5 to 3 hour drive for you. There is a thread in the New England section. Usually 50 to 75 people and cars talking GNs and pigging out all afternoon.

Well, if you don't mind a good drive you should pay a visit to Jack at Cotton's performance in Agawam, MA. It will be the best ride you will take. You will not mind hanging out at the shop. He works mostly on just GNs and his reputation is nationally known for these cars. Hell, you should take a ride up tomorrow. We are having our snowed out yearly BBQ at his shop starting at noon Saturday. People routinely drive from NJ and points beyond for this BBQ. I would guess it is a 1.5 to 3 hour drive for you. There is a thread in the New England section. Usually 50 to 75 people and cars talking GNs and pigging out all afternoon.

Hey Steve, thanks and tomorrow could actually work but do you think with the crowd going, he can actually look at the car?

Jack's good people, take a minute and give him a call and he can verify it for you.

I am sure he or Brian will check it out for you. You won't regret the ride, for sure! (or 50 or so others that will be there :))

I bet there will be a bunch of guys there anxious to show you how much they know.
Only good could come from being there.

I bet there will be a bunch of guys there anxious to show you how much they know.
Only good could come from being there.

Big shout out to everyone at Cotton's yesterday especially to Jack and Brian who, as said above, diagnosed my car and fixed it in 20 mins. Great crew up there and worth the ride for sure. Turned out to be minor but something that's annoyed me for years. Additionally I got to open her up a bit on the 300 mile round trip journey. Being able to punch it with the clowns on 95 trying not to let you in a lane was funny. My son drove home the entire way, for a 17 yr old, smile was ear to ear. Thanks for the hospitality, and Chili, hope to see some of you all again. Thumbs up to The Cotton team!

Frank

Big shout out to everyone at Cotton's yesterday especially to Jack and Brian who, as said above, diagnosed my car and fixed it in 20 mins. Great crew up there and worth the ride for sure. Turned out to be minor but something that's annoyed me for years. Additionally I got to open her up a bit on the 300 mile round trip journey. Being able to punch it with the clowns on 95 trying not to let you in a lane was funny. My son drove home the entire way, for a 17 yr old, smile was ear to ear. Thanks for the hospitality, and Chili, hope to see some of you all again. Thumbs up to The Cotton team!

Frank
No surprise right?? Crazy the knowledge these guys have acquired, much through trail and error I bet. Looking at those cars and some of the pipe work on the headers is humbling for sure!! Never ceases to amaze me how quick the TB guys are to jump in and problem solve. Nothing better than a bunch of smart guys trying to outsmart each other.! Being smart is one thing, but making other people smarter is true talent. Great day with your boy I bet, I've always felt that driving a car is one of life's true pleasures, particularly a quick one.

Some of us own these Buicks more for the people than the car. This group of people is what really makes owning these monsters so damn much fun!!!

That's great, if you don't mind what did Jack do to the car, was it just tuning??