87 GN at idle

Stock chips have too much timing even for 93 octane fuel and the cold start on the stock chips are known to be just horrible.

If I were you I would fix all your known problems.. Any leaking oil your exh. Leak then get a TT chip and see how it is after that

yeah any starting is horrible its almost like your truly forcing the car the car to start up.

maybe the idle, but the WOT will really suffer with an exhaust leak. whats your vacuum reading? After you get the TT chip you can post up some WOT 02 readings. I wouldnt do it with a stock chip

Im not sure how to tell what my vacuum reading is. Today the car passed the strict CA smog not sure if that gives you any signs on how things are running

well today i opened the ECu to see what chip was in there and this is what i found anyone know if thats a good chip or is the reason why the car is not running 100% like it should idle surges sometimes, a little rough idle, and hesitation slightly on accelartion.
GNchip_zps0fe1ad1a.jpg

Have you searched those numbers on it? It's for 86-87 ecu it's a 93 octane chip and 30# injectors

Idk what chip tbh but I'm sure someone on here does if Google fails you..

It's defiantly old. I can't think of the last time I heard of anyone running a Postons chip.

You can try posting in the ecu mod section just so you know what you have.

Btw you should really get a vacuum gauge it can be a indicator to you having a ignition problem, leaking valves or seals or gaskets and of course vacuum leaks you may have over looked

Might be worth checking the TPS voltage to make sure that it is steady and set correctly. The time you mentioned the idle going to 2-3k can also be caused by a sticking IAC valve so cleaning that and verifying the TPS voltage are both free and a good place to start.

Ok well here's the latest from the past couple days I replaced the spark plug wires, cars TCC solenoid was going bad or sticking in the transmission so I had that replaced ad new tranny filter and fluid and gasket, and finally yesterday my turbo tweak chip arrived and I installed it and followed the instructions about setting the fuel pressure and driving it around for 15-20 mins etc etc and car doesn't seem to run any better in fact now the car stalls sometimes if I come to a fast quick stop at a light or stop sign

Here is the part where a scanmaster pays itself off. What are the BLMs, IAC counts, and TPS voltage at idle?

We all feel that way at least once but when it is running right...Damn Man it's a GN!

Its difficult to tell if you have the IAC valve set correctly without a scan tool that will tell you IAC counts. Usually getting the IAC valve set properly causes the TPS sensor to need readjustment. For other reasons you REALLY need a scanmaster on these cars. I was reluctant at first but my next turbo regal will have one first thing without a doubt.

I would check the cam sensor as it plays a big part in the ignition system...

That's not true. The cam sensor has nothing to do with ignition timing. It locates #6 for the sequential injector firing to work and be timed properly. Ignition timing is controlled by the crank sensor.

The cam sensor is used by the ICM to know when the cylinder firing sequence begins. No cam sensor signal and the ICM won't ever fire the coils.

RemoveBeforeFlight

The cam sensor is used by the ICM to know when the cylinder firing sequence begins. No cam sensor signal and the ICM won't ever fire the coils.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Maybe I am misunderstanding but the cam sensor is what allows us to have sequential fuel injection rather than batch style injection. Our coils fire based on the crank shaft sensor and waste spark during each event. While the cam sensor may prevent the car from starting it can be unplugged while running and the engine will still run. The ECM just needs an initial valve reference to know when to spray the fuel.

Fix your exhaust leak. Get a TT chip for stock motor and stock everything and enjoy a dependable driver. Nothing more to it. The TT chip does not need anything but disconnecting the orange wire by the battery to install and then connect the wire back when you put in the chip. Start the car and drive off as long as when you turn the key to ignition on, the check engine light is on and stays lit. Crank the car and drive off.