87 GN - 63k Miles

Sorry. I'm a little behind in replying to posts. I'll get caught up on all tonight and will post answers to general questions here for all to see. One question was the options sheet. I'm attaching here. I'll get to the rest tonight.
OptionCodes.JPG

A couple of other updates. Questions: "Are there leaks?" Not what I would call leaks. All these cars have some seepage, but nothing I would call an actual leak. It's parked in the garage over beige carpet and there are no stains. I do see a little bit of oil on the bottom of the transmission pan, but again nothing that actually drips. I had the valve cover, rear main seal and oil pan gasket all replaced after I bought it. Shocks, ball joints, link kits, u-joints all replaced, as well. "Rust on the doors?" There's no body rust I know of anywhere. The best place for rust to show up is the underside of the doors. I'll take pictures this weekend and post. Unfortunately, yes, it's still raining in the Houston area. I took some pictures, but there's just not enough light to get good enough resolution. Should be sunny this weekend. "Are there any problems starting it?" No, it starts every time within 1-2 seconds... maybe 3 when it's been sitting longer.

There is one crack in the rear bumper filler. It was there when I got it. I never replaced it as it's just not that noticeable. It could probably even be filled.

On the dash gauges. The oil pressure gauge seems to have stuck on 80. It was working fine last week, but today not.

And a question about burning oil. The oil level has never dropped below full between changes. Nor has any other fluid. All fluids changed regularly. Probably getting about time for a brake fluid flush, but all others are good for a while.

Last open question... The car has never been stored outside while I've had it. When not driven, it's been in the garage under a cover (custom cut California cover that will go with the car).

Appreciate all the kind words. I tried to set it realistically and comparative to what others are going for. It's far from perfect, but really is a very nice driver and I get lots of compliments on it. I want someone to be happy with the purchase.

A few additional items to note on "imperfections" - there is a crack in the rear filler - small and could probably be repaired. I wouldn't replace it as they all just crack eventually. Same with the speaker area on the passenger side of the dash. There is a crack in the plastic grate of the speaker. Also common and I didn't intend to replace it as those just crack again, too.

Looking at the underside of the doors, the passenger door is clean. Under the driver door at the middle peephole, I did find some surface rust. It's surface and could be wire-brushed and painted. It doesn't appear to have made any real progress. I'll try to add pictures of all three areas this weekend.

Appreciate all the kind words. I tried to set it realistically and comparative to what others are going for. It's far from perfect, but really is a very nice driver and I get lots of compliments on it. I want someone to be happy with the purchase.

A few additional items to note on "imperfections" - there is a crack in the rear filler - small and could probably be repaired. I wouldn't replace it as they all just crack eventually. Same with the speaker area on the passenger side of the dash. There is a crack in the plastic grate of the speaker. Also common and I didn't intend to replace it as those just crack again, too.

Looking at the underside of the doors, the passenger door is clean. Under the driver door at the middle peephole, I did find some surface rust. It's surface and could be wire-brushed and painted. It doesn't appear to have made any real progress. I'll try to add pictures of all three areas this weekend.

What a shame more sellers weren't this open and forthright when critiquing and disclosing fully the details and facts about their cars. IMO, this piece should serve as a template. GLWS

Here's a pic of the surface rust I referred to under the driver door. Next weekend I'll work on getting that off. Should be able to wire wheel, prime and paint.
IMG_0481.JPG

Here's the crack in the rear filler. I would just fill the crack and paint the filler, rather than replace. The rest of it seems fine. Appears it's probably been replaced before.
IMG_0512.JPG

And this is the crack in the speaker grate. That was there when I got it and I had no plans of replacing it. Most other GNs I see are just like that. But there is a supplier of an aftermarket replacement if someone wants to do that.
IMG_0513.JPG

Like I said, the car isn't perfect, but that seems to be the worst of what I could find. Here's another interior pic. and a better one of the roof.
IMG_0485.JPG