87 and 86 GN grill difference

BBcallaway

Can someone tell me what the differences between an 87 to a 86 GN are? I thought the 86's had a single chrome strip on it.
Thanks

BBcallaway said:
Can someone tell me what the differences between an 87 to a 86 GN are? I thought the 86's had a single chrome strip on it.
Thanks

That and the spacing between the pickets.

for 86 gn besides the top section that is chrome with inset "BUICK" letters (in black) it also has the end fins ,center fin and lower edge are chromed , and no provision for any other emblems on the fins. and the gn differs from 86 Ttype in that the fins are all the same thickness , TType had 6 thick ribs spaced across it , regal was all chrome

the 87GN has narrower fins and all black with provision for buick emblem on the driver side, the T grill was same design and the regular regal was same design but chrome

Upside, the 84-87 grilles are interchangeable so you can get which ever you might like.

1986 GN

1986 T-Type

1987 T with WO2 option

I have a 87 we4, and i've been thinking about getting a nice used 86 GN grill to black out with plasti dip to see if i like it on the car. The 86 is really sharp looking

Joe