87 442, 403ci, built 200R4, $8k in receipts, $4500 obo, NJ

I like the 403. I had one in my 79 T/A with 3.42 gears ran 13.4s. Embarresed a few 455 Ponchos. Looks like a fun car. GLWS.

I have seen this car first hand and was there when Matt(Nighthawk355x) picked it up... Its a very solid car, 442 or not.

I have dealt with Matt for many years and is one of my best friends, I would never expect him to try to one-up or dupe someone else, always have been upfront with whatever he had sold me or others that I know.

Just my $.02...

I think i teared up a little, lol, thanks man. You know how I roll.:biggrin:

I think if it was important to the buyer that it be a real 442 than it was his responcibility to have that checked out before the purchase. If the seller advertised it incorrectly than an apology is in order which was clearly given. I don't see any reason that a refund of anything is in order.

I recently started looking at Trans Am GTA's and when I go looking I will be armed with the knowledge to determin if the car is real or not.

I think if it was important to the buyer that it be a real 442 than it was his responcibility to have that checked out before the purchase. If the seller advertised it incorrectly than an apology is in order which was clearly given. I don't see any reason that a refund of anything is in order.

I recently started looking at Trans Am GTA's and when I go looking I will be armed with the knowledge to determin if the car is real or not.

Exactly. Thank you!

what

Well as far as threating him to beat him up in front of his family I have never threatened him in anyway like I said I had thought it to be a honest mistake that he made. From some info I got on the other boards 1/2 the people are saying it is a real 442 and seems the other half saying it's not. I dont really go by what they are saying I was going based on what 2 guys who know a lot about 442's told me and the restoration shop I took it to. I will re-check with them and find out again. If I was wrong or given the wrong info then I will apologize for sure I am man enough to do that. But if it truely isnt a 442 then looks like I got shafted a bit. I mean it would be like being told you are getting a monte ss and you get a ls instead. But at this point let me go back a triple check with my sources and see just WTF exactly is going on here. or if anyone can tell me were they checked the vin so that I can do the same that would be GREATLY GREATLY APRECIATED. thanks

Well as far as threating him to beat him up in front of his family I have never threatened him in anyway like I said I had thought it to be a honest mistake that he made. From some info I got on the other boards 1/2 the people are saying it is a real 442 and seems the other half saying it's not. I dont really go by what they are saying I was going based on what 2 guys who know a lot about 442's told me and the restoration shop I took it to. I will re-check with them and find out again. If I was wrong or given the wrong info then I will apologize for sure I am man enough to do that. But if it truely isnt a 442 then looks like I got shafted a bit. I mean it would be like being told you are getting a monte ss and you get a ls instead. But at this point let me go back a triple check with my sources and see just WTF exactly is going on here. or if anyone can tell me were they checked the vin so that I can do the same that would be GREATLY GREATLY APRECIATED. thanks

I'm curious myself at this point. I could swear it IS. You have to watch too, I've learned that forums are a great place to find info, as are experianced shops, but you have to sort through a lot of BS and so-called "experts" before finding the real deal. Everyone claims to know their stuff, few actually do. I've been to shops that specialize in this and that, asked questions and got back answers EVEN I knew were blatantly wrong. Like I said I never bothered to look into it but do some research on your own before you damn it as not being a 442. Even "experts" can be wrong.

And please post up what you find. I'd like to know. The car's always be as badass to me regardless of some tag but I'm definately curious.