'86 Sunroof GN in the weeds field find.

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
I found an '87 GN sitting in this same spot a few years ago and posted a thread about it. Contacted the guy and he said he was going to restore it and it soon disappeared. Now there is the '86 sitting right where the '87 was. Dudes phone is disconnected now. Looks like it was a pretty nice car not too long ago. Super straight and the interior was in good shape. Build date was Dec 85.

Lots of moisture getting in to it now.

Bummer.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 301
  • untitled1.png
    untitled1.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 270
  • untitled3.png
    untitled3.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 284
  • untitled6.png
    untitled6.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 260
  • untitled2.png
    untitled2.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 266
  • untitled5.png
    untitled5.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 264
  • untitled4.png
    untitled4.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 244
Looks like it can be save but at what cost??? I'm guessing the floors will have issues as well. Sad.

A $12 blue tarp will work wonders for keeping rain and the elements from further damaging the car. But knowing some people that would be shredded after 3 years of sitting.

Left to rot with a 3rd and 4th gen Camaro, as if they are of the same caliber.....too bad it wasn't appreciated more.

If I could buy it I would put a dehumidifier inside for about 3 days. Change all the fluids. Add bumper fillers and drive it as is. Desirable beaters are in!

There's another one in a field in Alberta...allegedly a 86 GN, beat to absolute hell and he want's like $6500 (about $6000 too much). It seems like more of these types of condition cars popping up, maybe a sign of the market looking up or just general acknowledgement of these cars being what they are?.

If I could buy it I would put a dehumidifier inside for about 3 days. Change all the fluids. Add bumper fillers and drive it as is. Desirable beaters are in!

May I suggest a couple of insect bombs as well. One in the interior and one in the trunk.