86 Gn What is it worth?

it probably got flooded in Hurricane Katrina also!! i have a car that i thought was rough but D@mn, that is a POS!!!!!

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing. This car was probably submerged underwater for 2 weeks during Katrina. You can practically see the mold on the dashboard and center console. Just look at where that headliner was cut out by the astroroof, it looks molded and rusted as hell around there. The seats are all chewed up, probably by rats after the fact when this car was left to sit outside and rot.

Nice to see almost 100% agreement on a subject....

You fail to mention what the price is, but unless you are quite ambitious and have several parts cars and experience with rust repair, its one best to dismantle. Remember whatever rust you are viewing on the top side probably means twice as much exists under neath as in frame as in body mounts.

Can't be 100% sure based on the angle of the photos but that roof may not be a factory roof. Check the trunk ID label for CF5 code.

You say you are seeking a T or GN...not sure of where you are or what price range, but I got a nice inexpensive 1986 T-Type solid roof example for sale. Needs some attention.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have a little experience in the area of buying 1986-1987 Turbo Regals.

Parts car:( Unless your very ambitious or have a parts car with a decent interior available, $2-3k, who rebuilt the engine and trans?

I've seen much better cars on here that were parted out and could have been saved, wonder how bad the frame and underneath items could be:rolleyes:

It was a dealership that rebuilt motor and trans...

There is one like that near me sitting outside behind a body shop. The guy thinks it's made of gold...he wants $14K, but for me he'd sell it for $12.5K. He kept telling me how fast it was, lol. I guess as the metal is eaten away they become lighter and faster :)

Don't buy it. It's a headache. Parts are expensive. The economy is crap right now and there are allot of good deals to be had on TRs. You just need to be patient and don't buy on impulse.

Out of curiosity, what did he say he'd sell it for?

He wants 5k but I talked to to $3,500

He wants 5k but I talked to to $3,500

Only if it was a 69' Mach1 or Camaro or something that when restored pulls REAL coin.

Who's got a guess on a full restore???

My "Guess" 30K all said and done....

.... Start with a better car.. I wish I would have.. I'm totally upside down...... Crap! now I'm depressed.:(