86 buick gn for sale

motor

i know man i just would hate to spend that kind of money for a motor with more miles than the one i broke .maybe 3 months after i put yours in it will go bad.how much were you asking again?

Here is the plain truth about all this blah, blah, blah, low ball bs......... Whether your on Craigslist or Turbo Buick everyone is looking for a good deal but few can afford it. In the current state of our economy people with $$$$ will always try take advantage of someone else's misfortune. Only you know your financial situation. Any car with a "broken" crankshaft, which I'm sure wasn't done while it was idling, is not commanding top dollar! If you can afford to hold on to it I recommend you do so. Fix your grenaded engine and all these "low ball" offers will cease. I at least guarantee you won't be as insulted as you are now if someone does offer short money for your sweet collectible "running" ride! This bit of common sense is brought to you by a no nonsense used car dealer. Good luck ..........

i know man i just would hate to spend that kind of money for a motor with more miles than the one i broke .maybe 3 months after i put yours in it will go bad.how much were you asking again?

I sent you a PM. But you are right, but you can also build a motor and it can go out in 2,000 miles. I know that from experience.

motor

actually the crank broke doing 40 mph in second gear at quarter throttle. full of oil and running at 160 degrees.
so what do you say about that mr car dealer?

I also think you should fix the motor and keep the receipts. Some people have never driven a GN and really don't know what it is like. You can't make engine sounds...vrooom vroooom... and expect them to dish out good money for your car. They have to be able to drive it and see what it feels like, both for speed and comfort. I once passed on a a 1970ish Jag XKE because the seller said after he got it back to his used car lot, first gear went out in it. So it only went in reverse. He wasn't asking alot but I suggested that if he got it fixed, then I would take it for a test drive and see if I liked it.

I back you 100%. Don't take no lowball offers like that. I can't believe people even would offer you that kind of money. I've seen WRECKED cars go for 5-7k recently. You people are out of your minds. I understand the economy sucks but at least show some respect for people that are trying to sell stuff. It isn't easy when you are trying to sell stuff nowadays...:mad:

I agree with the both of you. You are 100% correct that the low offers are insane. On the other side, however, he did say "make offers" and they did. One of my biggest pet peeves in life is people who say "make offers" and don't post a price.