86-87 Turbo Regal Reproduction Detent TV Cable GM 25532115

I could use a couple my self, but i'm gonna wait for some user feedback.

there's a video from one of the builders showing the cable end at the trans has the hole too small on the cable terminator for the linkage to fit.

has to be drilled out.

haven't seen the video, but pretty sure that was PRE production unit,
the reason they were sent out to trans shops , were for feed back,
not sure why you would be publicly negative!

Lee,
these evaluation videos are from 2 to 3 months ago. Three months is not enough time to correct anything found in prototypes - make engineering drawing changes; achieve final sign-off for production drawings; get this item into a queue for a production run; complete that production run; package the items; ship the items from manufacturer to distributor; and have the distributor inventory checked and ready to ship. And depending where this detent cable is made, there needs to be time allowed for a shipment to clear US customs and to be transported by shipping container if made off-shore. There is nothing to say this detent cable is made in the USA.

below are the three videos. Buyers should be aware they may have to do a little work during the install. The 3 videos show the installation and addressing the fitment issues. There has been no follow-up video to discuss roadtesting or to show corresponding pressure rise per GM service manual. That page of the manual is attached. Line pressure checks should be done post installation. Engine oil and trans pressure test gauges/kits are widely available.

PART 1 =>

PART 2 =>

PART 3 =>

TV Dent cable is not a complicated item. I used a different GM cable, non-turbo Buick, for the cable jacket. I cut and removed the wire cable. I used another GM detent cable, with a longer steel cable for the steel wire, crimping on my own cable stop at the throttle body. One could also use a cable stop from the electrical isle from the home improvement box stores or McMaster-Carr.

Attachments

• THM200-4R Line Pressure Check Procedure.pdf
    110.3 KB · Views: 10
haven't seen the video, but pretty sure that was PRE production unit,
the reason they were sent out to trans shops , were for feed back,
not sure why you would be publicly negative!
it may have been remedied...or early run, not sure how that is negative , but just being informative as always

Below are the measurements for the factory GM TV detent cables for 86-87...
GM # 25527656 changed to 25532115 in April '87

- center to center of pins at each end (average of 10 perfect NOS units) is, 42.6" +/- 0.1"

- measured from flange surface end to end is 40.125" +/- 0.125"