85 v6 (na)

gthmcty1

Not sure if this is the right forum if not mods please move to correct one.

Was driving yesterday and my car started to detonate all of a sudden (85 Regal V6 NA) and no prior indication to any issues at all, thought it may be timing, checked that and that was solid. The car had been driving perfectly and then all of a sudden...BAM pinging on acceleration at idle car shakes I am baffled.
Been putting in the same fuel from the same gas station as well
Any suggestions

I Failed to mention that I had put gas in the car right before this happened could this also be an issue with bad gas?

Located in Sunny Cali!

Very common for bad gas there just like bad government.:rolleyes: Sorry but I hadda.:biggrin:

I'd doubt that you've got a mixture solinoid that's bad but it could happen. Go to you're user controls and add some info like location ect. Then come join us in the B4black section.:cool:

your could try draining the fuel. Maybe do a compression check on it. If you were a bit closer we could get together and look at it but I'm down in san diego a stones throw from the border!

edit: I personally would start with the vacuum check and then compression.

edit2: just re-read the first post. Did the exaust note change? Do you have access to a vacuum gauge. If so what kind of vacuum does it pull at idle and is it erratic?

your could try draining the fuel. Maybe do a compression check on it. If you were a bit closer we could get together and look at it but I'm down in san diego a stones throw from the border!

edit: I personally would start with the vacuum check and then compression.

edit2: just re-read the first post. Did the exaust note change? Do you have access to a vacuum gauge. If so what kind of vacuum does it pull at idle and is it erratic?

Exhaust note changed it is very evident that it is missing, I will check vacuum today!