85 SFI Turbo Engine 378 miles $500 obo/trade??

mongoosetoo

I am an ASE certified mechanic and have been for over two decades. When I rebuilt this engine, no shortcuts were taken. All specs were checked and all new internals were installed. Here's a list:

-TRW Powerforged Pistons, moly rings. .020 overbored
-Federal Mogul bearings
-Double Roller TRW chain
-Heads are stock rebuilt with 3 angle valve job.
-Crankshaft was magnafluxed and turned .010-.010
-All gaskets are FelPro
-Turbo was rebuilt and balanced by Ohio Power
-Fresh rebuilt stock injectors
-Almost all of the sensors are new to include the MAF
-Brackets are all powdercoated
-Exhaust pieces are all included down from the headers down to the cat. No leaks or cracks.
-Comes with lots of spare parts to include two computers an extra intake and extra valve covers.
-New water pump
-New Hi volume Pump
-Much more that I'm sure I am forgetting
-Does not leak smoke or knock - guarantee.

This engine is ready to drop in and head for the track. It runs excellent. I had a minor hot start issue that turned out to be a harness short in the firewall. But it is fixed now.

This engine is complete; from the air cleaner all the way to catalytic convertor flange. Top to bottom, including all accessories. Everything!

I have well over $1500 in this engine, will sell for $500 or make an offer. I may consider trades. Please do not email, I don't check it very often. Call 740.403.2078, Jim.. Columbus, Ohio Area.

Attachments

• 100_1915.JPG
    100_1915.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 554
It is a really good deal. It kills me to sell it so cheap. I put lot of money, time and wife fights into this engine. It runs like a dream. I just want a whole lot more power. I think the stock numbers on this engine were 200 hp/ 300ftlb torque. Bearing in mind I bored it over and all new parts it probably pushes at least a good 5% over stock.

if you dont sell by next weekend ill come and get it.as long as you can hepl get it in my pickup.

I have a couple coworkers here right now that live in Mass. Too bad they are in a car, or I'd throw the engine in the back for you!

One more note, if you want to pull a head or intake or anything before you buy to inspect the engine you are welcome to do that. As long as you are willing to pay for the gaskets to put it back together - if you decide not to buy. BUT- I'll be honest, you're wasting your time and money, this engine is perfect condition; it is tight and new.

I check with my brother (truck driver), he said he can get it to Jersey for $200. If you are interested, I can press him on it. The only issue would be unloading at your end. He'd have one of his pals throw it on a flatbed or box trailer, but those things are about 5" off the ground. Gas is down to $2.09 today!!! Road trip!