85 gn hot air engine & trans

mach.80

Thread Killer
Well I'm thinking of going V8turbo. It'll be a long project.

What I have is a 85 HA, still in the car. Runs Great! about 1500 miles since the rebuild. Never ran hard just break in miles.

I bought the car in Jan of 08 and have been restoring the car. I only start the car and drive it around the block once a week.

Only issue is a small hole on the bottom of the x-over and two small leaks on the drivers header. Thats it!

This was a full rebuild. Including a head Job;) Top to bottom. Accessories too.
all gaskets were replaced and spring cleaning has been completed about 20 miles ago.

I had planned on building the car as a HA but have other long term goals now.

I also have the 200r4 for sale as well. The high press pump broke while my 4yr old son was driving it at idle speed. It also had a fresh rebuild reciently. But the pump broke:confused:

This would be great TURN KEY replacement engine/trans or even a transplant into another car.

I would like to recoupe some of the money invested. So please make an offer.

If I cant sell it whole I MAY part it, or change my mind on the sale and just keep it.

Thank you for your interest. I am going to work today and will be in and out of the country for a few days. So I will try to do my best to return e-mails ASAP and in order recieved.

Thanks again.

Joe

You know I'm not 100% sure. I know you can use all the 86/87 parts on it.
Many people have done the conversion with sucsess

difference

the 84/85 block is basically the same, it will need the turbo oil return hole drilled in the block.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Now all I got to do is find someone who neeeds an engine & trans.
I listed on craigslist due to lack of interest here.

I'll probably get more if I part it anyway.

same

same here, i have a fresh 109/ .20 over in the car,fresh trans, newer turbo come drive it, etc. and i have no one interested in the car as a whole or parted out.

times are tough!

good luck!

tim