85 GN Build-off on History Channel tonight

Yes, I'm enjoying asll the acurate info they give. I now realize I've built my car all wrong. I need to redo the whole thing...:rolleyes:

Lame. I wish they had a few weeks to pull the engines and build them correct. Those times suck.

I got a kick out of it being the "end of the world" when he broke the turbo oil feeder connector"...as if there was no way they could make it to a local hardware store and get another brass fitting.....and breaking off the tip of the spark plug..big freakin deal.
And the fuel pump relay keeps the car from running right....

i'm now dumber. thank you history channel.

the guy broke off the spark plug and it was sopoust to be machined out? wow.

msd, gotta get one of those for my car. OOH! and my exhaust manifolds are SO restrictive. i juess i need to get headers.

the thing i really want to know, if the fuel pump relay went out, how did it still run a 17 at 85 mph? wouldn't it run a 0 at 0 mph?

waste of an hour.

but on the plus side, every ricer will be out looking for gn's now, the only run mid 14's highly modified.:rolleyes:

I really enjoyed the documentory part of the show, I learned new things historically speaking. Otherwise the show kidda sucked!
But I don't care as long as I get to see these babies on TV... lol!

Originally posted by denn454
i'm now dumber. thank you history channel.

the guy broke off the spark plug and it was sopoust to be machined out? wow.

msd, gotta get one of those for my car. OOH! and my exhaust manifolds are SO restrictive. i juess i need to get headers.

the thing i really want to know, if the fuel pump relay went out, how did it still run a 17 at 85 mph? wouldn't it run a 0 at 0 mph?

waste of an hour.

but on the plus side, every ricer will be out looking for gn's now, the only run mid 14's highly modified.:rolleyes:

That's funny. :)

Did they even have a scan tool..........or even a knock gauge?
No mention of the T-type or Turbo-T's either??
They should have saved themselves all that time and money and just dumped in some race gas and turned the boost up ;)

$5000???

What about the new interior$$$? My wife even said I looked like a dork for recording it. Now I need to go buy all those parts for my GN. Do you think I should take out my hotwired 340 and put the stocker back in with the original fuel filter? Good thing I have my factory chip, I knew I would be better off with that thing in. At least they were on TV.

ha ha

and my exhaust manifolds are SO restrictive. i juess i need to get headers.

actually, that was one of the few correct things they did, as the stock hot air headers are crap, unlike the intercooled cars.

anyways, it was abundantly clear the goons didn't know what the hell they were doing in regards to wrenchin or to driving. I also got a huge kick out of the overdramatized spark plug and oil feed fitting deal. That being said, they did represent well in the history portion, although they kept showing pics of intercooled cars while talking about hot airs :confused: and neglected to mention any differences. oh well

WTH! How?!!!?!!?!?? How did they only run a 14.35 at best. U know I was going say they were going to get a 13.9 out of the car before I saw a frt mount i/c. The n I thought a 13.3- 13.5. Damn if they did not screw it up. WTH!I can't believe it. Oh well makes it interesting for next spring. I'm waitin for the 1st fool to run up next to me thinkin mine runs 14.3s. That ought to be quite interesting. Hhahahahahah!

Gotta love the addition of a bigger turbo and a front mount IC with NO CHIP. Fools. Coulda gave any one of us TR guys 5 min in the pits with a laptop and chip burning hardware and those cars would have been running low 13's if not 12's!

But I realize what is going on here. There was no way the stoned nopi twins were going to let some buick muscle show up ricer times on national TV. Watch, in the coming weeks there will be some civics on there running 13's. :rolleyes:

history channel tonight

OMG HOW LAME..

They used bigger injectors, and a bigger turbo and an intercooler *WITHOUT* a larger fuel pump or a new chip?? WHAT IDIOTS.
the one moron team used a 2" downpipe. Wow good move slappy. Smaller then the stock downpipe..

what was the deal with the one not starting?? What did he do?? *clean* the schrader valve on the fuel line??? LOLL WHAT?? The reason it did not start was the fuel pump..(fuel pump relay?? NOT) same reason it ran 17's.. FREAKIN IDIOTS> Where do they find these guys??

U my friend would be exactly correct. Unbeleivable. Look at the bright side tho, those bopsy twin idiots just gave us some fun for next summer.!

Yea the fuel pump relay went out. There is no way they were going to blame a sponsor's product [cough] MSD [/cough] for any kind of failure. Wonder how much MSD paid to get their product on the show.